We are a group of independent webmasters who link
together to share Historical and Genealogical data with researchers in
a peaceful and harmonious setting.
AHGP is structured very differently from other online Genealogy and History organizations. We
have very few rules or restrictions and believe in providing our members with many choices and
options in every aspect of membership, thus eliminating the in-fighting prevalent in other groups.
Each site or topic page is an independent linking site. Project pages will
become a part of the AHGP structure and will be hosted at no cost on the AHGP
is no limit to the number of member sites per state, county, topic, etc. However
we will no longer link to just one or two county sites, you are encouraged to
join the present site or build a state site of your own. Linking to other member sites is encouraged, but it is not required. For example,
county sites are not required to link through a state site, and state sites are not forced to
link any given county site. All members also have the option of linking directly to our
main pages. On county sites we recommend that you link to adjoining counties or
state, to provide more traffic to your sites.
- You must ask to link up with us.
- Your site must contain some original content of a historical
and/or a genealogical nature, and may not be a collection of links to other sites,
unless it is comprehensive on a particular subject.
- Copyright must be respected.
- A logo and reciprocal link back to the main page or the site you are linked from is required.
Please see our Logo page for currently available logos. You
may also make your own logo, as long as it clearly states "AHGP" or "The American History and Genealogy Project."
- We will not link to racist, or obscene sites, or sites which are intentionally
offensive, or promote points of view which tend to stir debate or controversy
among significant parts of society.
- All participants are expected to find space for their own web projects.
If you have difficulty finding space, please see our Member Info Page
or ask the Webmaster to assist you.
- You may belong to and participate in other projects with the same
page or web project. You must display the AHGP Logo in the same level as
your other project logo.
- We have three mail lists, and subscription is optional but encouraged:
No controversy, arguments, or politics is allowed on any of the lists.
- To assure continuation of the project, if the webmasters
maintaining the main pages leaves, a webmaster will be selected to replace
him/her among the membership.
- We have a webring which you are welcome to join if you desire.
You can see the ring information on the main
page and if you desire to join, click on Join and follow the directions.