Oklahoma Military Forts
list of forts, reservations, blockhouses, named camps, National
and State Homes for soldiers, national cemeteries, etc., in the
United States from its earliest settlement to date.
Many of the forts and structures
named were erected by the early settlers for their own
protection, and all vestige of them has now disappeared. The
exact locations of many are not positively known at the present
day, but reference is made to them in State histories, State
papers, etc. Those in bold-faced type are now occupied by troops
or are under the control of the War Department.(does not apply)
The data available for consultation are known to be incomplete,
and may be erroneous in some instances.
Reno, Fort, Oklahoma on north fork of
Canadian River, 2 miles southwest of the Cheyenne and Arapaho
Sill, Fort, Oklahoma at junction of
Medicine Bluff and Cache creeks; first called Camp Wichita.
Supply, Fort, Oklahoma Between Beaver and Wolf creeks.
Source: Historical Register and
Dictionary of the United States Army, Volume 2, by Francis B.
Heitman, Government Printing Office, 1903.