American History and Genealogy Project

Frankford, PA to Franklin, PA

Page 220

Frankford, t., Cumberland co., Pa. The surface is hilly; soil, slate. Drained by Conedogwinit cr. and its branches. The n. part contains spurs of Blue Mountain, and McClure's Gap is on the e. boundary. There is a sulphur spring in the centre. It has 1 store, cap. $200; 1 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 2 tanneries, 1 flouring m., 1 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $14,050. 4 sch. 159 scholars. Pop. 1,263.

Frankford, p-v., Greenbrier co., Va., 224 w. by n. Richmond, 261 W. It contains 1 Methodist church, 2 stores, 1 tannery, 50 dwellings, and about 250 inhabitants.

Frankford, p-v., Pike co., Mo., 90 n. e. Jefferson City, 894 W.

Frankfort, p-t., Waldo co., Me., 64 n. e. by E. Augusta, 659 W. Penobscot r. bounds it on the e. Watered by Marsh r., which affords good water power. The soil is fertile, and it has great commercial advantages, as the river here remains open through the year. The principal village is on Marsh bay, which sets up from Penobscot r. It has 36 stores, cap. $35,500; 1 com. house, cap. $2,000; 18 lumber yards, cap. $54,400; 2 fulling m., 3 tanneries, 5 grist m., 15 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $70,495. 23 sch. 953 scholars. Pop. 3,603.

Frankfort, p-t., Herkimer co., N. Y., 86 n. w. Albany, 397 W. The surface is hilly and broken on the s. In the n. are fertile flats on the Mohawk. The v. is on the s. side of the Mohawk, on the Erie canal, and contains 1 Dutch Reformed and 1 Baptist church, 8 stores, 1 woolen fac, 1 grist m., 1 saw m., 1 distillery, 1 tannery, 100 dwellings, and about 500 inhabitants. There are in the t. 14 stores, cap. $23,440; 1 furnace, 2 full-ing m., 2 woolen fac, 2 tanneries, 1 distillery, 2 grist m., 10 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $48,600. 15 sch. 630 scholars. Pop. 3,096.

Frankfort, p-v., Hampshire co., Va., 203 n. n. w. Richmond, 131 W. Situated on Patter-son's cr., and contains 1 Episcopal Church, 3 stores, several mechanic shops, 30 dwellings, and about 175 inhabitants.

Frankfort, p-v., Concord t., Ross co., O., 59 s. Columbus, 414 W.

Frankfort, p-v., capital of Franklin co. Ky., and also of the state, is 22 w. N. w. Lexington, 51 e. Louisville, 102 s. s. w. Cincinnati, 542 W. In 33° 14' n. lat., 84° 40' w. Ion. Pop. 1810, 1,099; 1820, 1,679; 1830, 1,680; 1840, 1,917. Situated on the E. side of Kentucky r., 60 miles above its entrance into Ohio r., on a semicircular alluvial plain, from 150 to 200 feet lower than the table land in the rear. The r. is here about 80 yards wide, and after heavy rains, frequently rises 60 feet. It contains a state house, of rough marble, 36 by 54 feet, with a handsome Grecian ionic portico in front, a court house, jail, the state penitentiary, a bank, an academy, a market louse, a theatre, 3 churches, and various manufacturing establishments. The streets are regular, and the houses are neat, and many of them elegant. Steamboats of 300 tons come up to this place when the water is high, and a large amount of foreign goods is brought here, and widely supplied to the rich and fertile country around. The banks of the r. here are high, and a chain bridge crosses it to the flourishing village of South Frankfort, which may be regarded as an appendage, though its population is not included in the above.

Large vessels, designed to navigate the ocean, have been built here, and floated to New Orleans.

Frankfort, p-v., capital, Clinton co., Ia., 42 N. N. w. Indianapolis, 600 W. It is situated on the s. fork of Wildcat cr., near the margin of a prairie, has a court house, jail, 3 churches, and about 600 inhabitants.

Frankfort, p-v., capital, Franklin co., Ill., 160 s. s. e. Springfield, 811 W. It is situated on elevated ground, and has 7 stores, 1 tannery, 1 distillery, various mechanic shops, and about 200 inhabitants.

Frankfort Hill, p-o., Frankfort t., Herkimer co., N. Y., 87 w. n. w. Albany, 391 W.

Frankfort Mills, p-o., Frankfort t., Waldo co., Me., 101 e. n. e. Augusta, 683 W. Situated at the head of the tide on Marsh r., 4 ms. from its mouth, where is good water power, and are several mills.

Frankfort Springs, p-v., Hanover t., Beaver co., Pa., 233 w. by n. Harrisburg, 255 W. It contains 3 stores, and about 40 dwellings.

Franklin, County, Me. Situated in the n. w. part of the state, and was organized in 1838. The surface is undulating, and in some parts mountainous. The soil is of a superior quality, adapted both to grain and grazing. The streams are small, but afford water power. Sandy r. and Dead r. are considerable branches of Kennebec r. Capital, Farmington. There were in 1840, neat cattle 19,835, sheep 64,717, swine 6,733; wheat 99,726 bush, produced, rye 4,304, Ind. com 38,182, barley 13,187, oats 96,027, potatoes 615,600, sugar 36,488 pounds; 53 stores, cap. $104,625; 1 furnace, 6 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 20 tanneries, 2 potteries, 23 grist m., 44 saw m., 1 printing office, 1 weekly newspaper. Cap. in manufac. $112,003. 171 sch. 7,185 scholars. Pop. 20,801.

Franklin, County, Mass. Situated in the n. and toward the w. part of the state, and contains 650 sq. ms. Drained by Connecticut r., which passes through its centre, and by its tributaries, Miller's r. on the e., and Green and Deerfield rs. on the w. Organized in 1811. Much of the soil is very fertile, and its streams afford extensive water power. Capital, Greenfield. There were in 1840, neat cattle 28,790, sheep 61,210, swine 11,352; wheat 21,489 bush, prod., rye 68,635, Ind. corn 161,338, buckwheat 10,133, barley 2,212, oats 149,578, potatoes 422,599, sugar 144,186 pounds, 83 stores, cap. $207,900; 2 furnaces, 25 fulling m., 8 woolen fac, 8 cotton fac. 9,098 sp., 36 tanneries, 3 distilleries, 41 grist m., 144 saw m., 3 printing offices, 2 binderies, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $454,892. 8 acad. 870 students, 241 sch. 8,512 scholars. Pop. 28,812.

Franklin, County, Vt. Situated in the n. w. part of the state, having Lake Champlain on its w. border. Near the lake the surface is level, and toward the e. it is hilly. The soil is productive, and adapted to grain and to grazing. Watered by Missisque r. on the n., and partially by Lamoille r. on the s., which afford extensive wa-ter power. A fine clouded marble is found at Swanton, and extensively exported. Capital, St. Albans. There were in 1840, neat cattle 26,965, sheep 87,385, swine 8,935; wheat 48,686 bushels produced, rye 10,144, Ind. corn 65,534, buckwheat 9,603, bailey 599, oats 94,700, potatoes 709,336, sugar 400,775 pounds; 64 stores, cap. $141,200; 12 fulling m., 4 woolen fac, 19 tanneries, 20 grist m., 63 saw m., 1 oil m., 2 printing offices, 1 bindery, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $206,910. 3 acad. 148 students, 155 sch. 4,361 scholars. Pop. 24,531.

Franklin, County, N. Y. Situated in the n. e. part of the state, and contains 1,527 sq. ms. The surface is hilly or mountainous, except in the N. part, where it is level, or gently undulating. The soil is various, but much of it a sandy loam and very productive. Drained by Saranac r. e., and by Chateaugay, Salmon, Trout, Deer, St. Regis, and Racket rivers N. Capital, Malone. There were in 1840, neat cattle 17,800, sheep 39,024, swine 12,213; wheat 64,414 bush, produced rye 15,017, Indian corn 55,537, buckwheat 22,685, barley 4,084, oats 89,204, potatoes 468,706, hops 25,021 pounds, sugar 227,049; 40 stores, cap. $163,581; 2 furnaces, 4 forges, 8 fulling m., 3 woolen fac, 15 tanneries, 17 grist m., 42 saw m., 1 oil m., 2 printing offices, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $145,798. 1 academy, 111 sch. 4,749 scholars. Pop. 16,518.

Page 221

Franklin, County, Pa. Central, in the s. part of the state, and contains 734 sq. ms. Organized in 1784. It lies in the Kittatinny valley, which is the great limestone valley of the state. South Mountain and Tuscarora, or Cove mountain, traverse it. Iron ore is abundant, and white marble exists. The soil is fertile, well cultivated, and productive. Watered by Conecocheague and Conedogwinit creeks and their branches, which afford extensive water power. Capital, Chambers-burg. There were in 1840, neat cattle 27,666, sheep 29,709, swine 53,757; wheat 661,905 bush, produced, rye 216,364, Ind. corn 755,183, buck-wheat 16,991, barley 2,669, oats 643,005, potatoes 109,355, 111 stores, cap. $424,400; 8 furnaces, 11 forges, 7 fulling m., 9 woolen fac, 37 tanneries, 40 distilleries, 1 brewery, 5 potteries, 1 rope fac, 33 flouring m., 64 grist m., 119 saw m., 7 oil m., 1 paper factory, 4 printing offices, 3 binderies, 4 weekly and 1 semi-weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $436,610. 1 col. 64 students, 7 acad. 218 students, 158 sch. 5,745 scholars. Pop. 37,793.

Franklin, County, N. C. Situated a little n. e. of the centre of the state, and contains 5 40 sq. ms. Watered by Tar r., which runs through the middle, and Fishing cr. on its n. border. Sur-face, level; soil, fertile. Capital, Louisburg. There were in 1840, neat cattle 9,011, sheep 7,318, swine 25,940; wheat 14,456 bush, produced, Ind. corn 437,277, oats 577,993, potatoes 31,653, silk cocoons 300 pounds, tobacco 451,909, cotton 538,320; value of gold produced, $200,000; 17 stores, cap. $138,700; 1 lumberyard, cap. $2,000; 1 furnace, 3 tanneries, 2 distilleries, 31 grist m., 10 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $30,575. 6 acad. 163 students, 18 sch. 225 scholars. Pop. whites 5,227, slaves 5,320, free col'd 433; total, 10,980.

Franklin, County, Ga. Situated in the n. e. part of the state, and contains 680 sq. ms. Organized in 1788. Tugaloo r. runs on its n. e. border. Drained by branches of n. fork of Broad r. Surface, hilly; soil, fertile. Capital, Carnesville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 7,217, sheep 6,776. swine 17,333; wheat 45,999 bush, produced, Ind. corn 314,288, oats 30,102, potatoes 16,807, rice 1,920 pounds, tobacco 11,706, cotton 297,525; 15 stores, cap. $21,910; 1 tannery, 35 distilleries, 2 flouring m., 25 grist m., 11 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $28,825. 1 acad. 19 students, 10 sch. 256 scholars. Pop. whites 7,754, slaves 2,095, free col'd 37; total, 9,836.

Franklin, County, Flor. Situated in the s. part of the N. division of the territory. Organized in 1832. Watered by Appalachicola r., which runs along its western border. Bounded s. by the Gulf of .Mexico. The lands are low and wet, with many ponds and swamps. The islands of St. George and St. Vincent belong to it. The soil bordering on the rivers is very rich. Capital, Appalachicola. There were in 1840, neat cattle 254, swine 301; Ind. corn 75 bush, produced: 21 commercial houses in for. trade, cap. $273,000; 34 stores, cap. $211,200; 6 grist m., 6 saw m., 2 printing offices, 2 weekly newspapers. Pop. whites 782, slaves 1,142, free col'd 26; total, 1,030.

Franklin, County, Ala. Situated in the n. w. part of the state, and contains 648 sq. ms. Watered by Cedar, Bear, Little Bear, and Spring creeks. Surface, hilly; soil, fertile. Capital, Russellville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 14,174, sheep 6,311, swine 44,752; wheat 34,184 bush, produced, rye 3,920, Ind. corn 759,950, oats 62,114, potatoes 28,128, tobacco 12,648 pounds, cotton 10,823,897; 3 commission houses, capital $20,000; 14 stores, cap. $150,500; 3 tanneries, 2 flouring m., 6 grist m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $24,200. 1 college, 90 students, 1 acad. 25 students, 15 schools. Pop. whites 8,236, slaves 1 6,005, free col'd 29; total, 14,270.

Franklin, County, Miss. Situated in the s. w. part in the state, and contains 720 sq. ms. Drained by branches of Homochitto r., and head waters of Amite r. The soil on the rivers is fertile, but otherwise consists of pine barrens. The surface is slightly uneven. Capital, Meadville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 7,972, sheep 2,215, swine 14,002; Ind. corn 153,520 bush, produced, oats 2,140, potatoes 19,693, rice 24,792 pounds, cotton 2,825,999; 10 stores, cap. $12,000; 9 grist m., 5 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $24,550. 10 sch. 147 scholars. Pop. whites 2,063, slaves 2,699, free col'd 13; total, 4,775.

Franklin, County, Tenn. Situated centrally in the s. part of the state, and contains 840 sq. ms. Cumberland mountain runs on its s. E. border. Drained by Duck r., and Elk, Paint, and Rock creeks. The surface is uneven and rough, and the soil productive. Capital, Winchester. There were in 1840, neat cattle 11,107, sheep 9,531, swine 39,334; wheat 49,869 bush, produced, Ind. corn 644,960, oats 102,929, potatoes 20,286, tobacco 4,600 pounds, cotton 311,818; 16 stores, cap. $147,500; 9 cotton fac. 1,360 sp., 5 tanneries, 26 distilleries, 11 flouring m., 14 grist m., 8 saw m. Cap. in manufac $95,880. 8 sch. 242 scholars. Pop. whites 8,935, slaves 3,085, free col'd 13; total, 12,033.

Franklin, County, Ky
. Situated a little n. of the centre of the state, and contains 200 sq. ms. Kentucky r. runs through it and on its w. border. Elkhorn r., a branch of Kentucky r., runs through it. Surface, hilly; soil, fertile. Cap-ital, Frankfort. There were in 1840, neat cattle 5,790, sheep 8,262, swine 15,310; wheat 45,401 bush, produced, rye 12,295, Ind. corn 26S.550, oats 57,495, potatoes 10,031, tobacco 113,300 pounds; 2 commission houses, cap. $12,000; 23 stores, cap. $110,350; 1 fulling m., 2 woolen fac, 4 tanneries, 4 rope fac, 1 distillery, 6 flouring m., 9 grist m., 5 saw m., 1 paper fac, 2 printing offices, 3 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $1 19,080. 4 acad. 83 students, 5 schools. Pop. whites 6,337, slaves 2,849, free col'd 234; total, 9,420.

Franklin, County, O. Situated in the centre of the state, and contains 529 sq. ms. Watered by Scioto and Whetstone or Olentangy rivers, and by Alum, Big Walnut or Gahannah, Blacklick, and Darby creeks, branches of the Scioto r. The surface is level, and rather low and wet. The soil is fertile, particularly on the streams, and well cultivated, but in most parts adapted to grazing. Capital, Columbus. There were in 1840, neat cattle 15,460, sheep 21,428, swine 36,241; wheat 243,991 bush, produced, rye 3,595, Ind. corn 1,009,764, buckwheat 3,750, oats 223,942, potatoes 64,678, sugar 76,659 pounds; 7 com. houses in for. trade, cap. $63,000; 86 stores, cap. $365,135; 3 lumber yards, cap. $12,000; 2 furnaces, 1 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 14 tanneries, 6 distilleries, 3 breweries, 3 potteries, 10 flouring m., 11 grist m., 45 saw m., 2 oil m., 4 printing offices, 3 binderies, 1 daily, 4 weekly, 1 semi-weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $391,770. 1 college, 25 students, 3 acad. 123 students, 34 sch. 827 scholars. Pop. 25,049.

Page 222

Franklin, County, la. Situated in the s. e. part of the state, and contains 400 sq. ms. Watered by branches of White Water r., affording extensive water power. The land is rolling and fertile E., level to the w. The White Water canal passes through the county. Capital, Brookville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 10,296, sheep 12,834, swine 17,771; wheat 30,230 bush, produced, rye 1,659, Ind. corn 370,361, buckwheat 1,067, barley 1,087, oats 97,535, potatoes 4,345, hops 2,845 pounds; 18 stores, cap. $177,200; 1 full ing m., 3 distilleries, 1 rope fac, 1 flouring m., 8 grist m., 15 saw m., 1 paper fac, 2 printing offices, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $4,920. 1 acad. 137 students, 27 sch. 995 scholars. Pop. 13,349.

Franklin, County, Ill. Situated toward the s. part of the state, and contains 864 sq. ms. Organized in 1818. Watered by Big Muddy r. and its branches, and the s. fork of Saline cr. The soil is fertile if well cultivated. Capital, Frankfort. There were in 1840, neat cattle 5,600, sheep 3,286, swine 13,199; wheat 13,680 bush, produced, Ind. corn 205,914, oats 41,140, potatoes 4,308, tobacco 14,374 pounds, cotton 23,650; 14 stores, cap. $17,600; 1 tannery, 2 distilleries, 12 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $9,100. 9 sch. 200 scholars. Pop. 3,682.

Franklin, County, Mo. Situated toward the E. part of the state. The Missouri r. runs on its N. boundary. Watered by Maramec r. and Bourbeuse River, its principal tributary, which affords good water power. Several small rivers enter the Missouri on the n. The surface is slightly uneven, and the soil generally fertile. Capital, Union. There were in 1840, neat cattle 10,142, sheep 7,607, swine 20,640; wheat 33,108 bush, produced, rye 498, Ind. corn 264,062, oats 42,6S9, potatoes 13,424, tobacco 262,490 pounds, cotton 449, sugar 5,716; 2 smelting houses produced 990,000 pounds of lead; 25 stores, cap. $65,530; 4 tanneries, 2 distilleries, 1 powder m., 1 flouring m., 14 grist m., 10 saw m. Capital in manufac $23,387. 2 acad. 50 students, 22 sch. 454 scholars. Pop. whites 6,447, slaves 1,054, free col'd 14; total, 7,515.

Franklin, County, Ark. Situated in the n. w. part of the state, and contains 800 sq. miles. The Arkansas River passes centrally through it. The surface is hilly and broken; soil, on the margins of streams, fertile. Capital, Ozark. There were in 1840, neat cattle 4,776, sheep 1,141, swine 15,123; wheat 3,548 bush, produced, Ind.com 173,503, oats 6,737, potatoes 8,657, tobacco 7,759 pounds, cotton 33,012; 8 stores, cap. $42,500; 3 tanneries, 2 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac $15,400. 6 sch. 133 scholars. Pop. whites 2,257, slaves 400, free col'd 8; total, 2,665.

Franklin, p-t., Hancock co., Me., 101 e. by n. Augusta, 683 W. Situated at the head of Taunton bay, a N. branch of Frenchman's bay. Incorporated in 1825. It has 2 stores, cap. $7,000; 2 tanneries, 2 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $3,933. 7 sch. 106 scholars. Pop. 502.

Franklin, p-t., Merrimac co., N. H., 18 n. n. w. Concord, 499 W. Watered by Pemigewasset and Winnipisiogee rs., which afford good water power, and here unite and form Merrimac r., which runs centrally through the s. part of the t. Incorporated in 1828. It has 2 stores, cap. $12,000; 1 tannery, 1 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $34,000. 10 sch. 365 scholars. Pop. 1,280.

Franklin, p-t., Franklin co., Vt., 70 n. n. w. Montpelier, 550 W. Chartered in 1789, by the name of Huntsburg. Watered by Rocher r. and branches of Missisque r. The surface is rough, but t he soil well adapted to grazing. It has 3 stores, cap. $3,000; 1 fulling m., 1 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $6,000. 15 sch. 259 scholars. Pop. 1,410.

Franklin, p-t., Norfolk co., Mass., 31 s. w. by s. Boston, 424 W. Watered by Charles r. and its branches, which afford good water power. The former forms its n. boundary. Organized in 1778. It has considerable manufactures, especially in straw bonnets, which in 1840 were manufactured to the value of $164,077. It has 7 stores, cap. $10,500; 4 cotton fac. 3,800 sp., 3 grist m.,6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $82,000. 10 sch. 454 scholars. Pop. 1,717.

Franklin, p-t., New London co., Ct, 37 s. e. Hartford, 358 W. The surface is uneven; soil, a gravelly loam, and tolerably fertile, suited to grazing. Shetucket r. runs on its n. e. border. Watered by Susquetonscut r., a branch of Yantic r., and Beaver brook, which afford water power. It has 3 stores, cap. $2,000; 2 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 3 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $18,000. 10 sch. 293 scholars. Pop. 1,000.

Franklin, p-t., Delaware co., N. Y., 84 s. w. Albany, 344 W. The surface is broken; soil, a fertile reddish loam. Drained by Oleout cr. and its branches. The v. contains 1 Baptist and 1 Methodist church, an academy, 6 stores, 100 dwellings, and about 700 inhabitants. There are in the t.. 5 stores, cap. $23,500; 3 fulling m., 3 tanneries, 3 grist m., 19 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $22,150. 1 acad. 250 students, 25 sch. 911 scholars. Pop. 3,025.

Franklin, t., Franklin co., N. Y., 25 s. e. Ma-lone, 187 n. Albany. The surface is hilly and mountainous , soil, various. Drained by Saranac r. and its tributaries, and by Salmon r. It has several small lakes. It has 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac $2,400. 3 sch. 44 scholars. Pop. 192.

Franklin, t., Warren co., N. J. Musconetcong cr. runs on its s. w. border. Watered by Pohatcong cr. It. has 2 stores, cap. $3,500; 2 grist m. Cap. in manufac. $8,300. 6 sch. 440 scholars. Pop. 1,347.

Franklin, t., Somerset co., N. J., 7 s. e. Somerville. The surface is undulating, and on the s. w. hilly. Drained by Millstone and Raritan rivers, and Six Mile run. It has 14 stores, cap. $22,500; 5 lumber yards, cap. $27,000; 2 fulling m., 2 tanneries, 3 distilleries, 1 printing office, 2 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac $78,400. 1 college, 115 students, 1 acad. 56 students, 11 sch. 275 scholars. Pop. 3,878.

Franklin, t., Bergen co., N. J., 13 n. w. Hackensack. The surface is undulating; soil, gravel, loam, and sand, underlain with sandstone, and generally well cultivated and productive. It has extensive manufactories. It has 10 stores, cap. $8,600; 6 cotton fac. 4,398 sp., 4 tanneries, 4 distilleries, 5 paper fac, 15 grist m., 25 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $40,633. 13 sch. 462 scholars. Pop. 4,010.

Franklin, t., Gloucester co., N. J., 15 s. e. Woodbury. The surface is level; soil, sandy, covered with pine forest. Drained by Racoon cr., the sources of Maurice r., and branches of Great Egg Harbor r. It has 5 stores, cap. $12,800 4 glass houses, 2 grist m., 8 saw m. Cap. in manufac $82,000. 7 sch. 535 scholars. Pop. 2,077.

Franklin, p-b., and capital of Venango co., Pa., 210 w. n. w. Harrisburg, 284 W. Situated on the s. side of French cr., at its junction with Alleghany r. Organized 1795. It contains a court house, jail, 3 churches, 1 Episcopal, 1 Methodist, and 1 Cumberland Presbyterian, 2 academics, 11 stores, 1 grist m., 2 forges, 120 dwellings, and about 600 inhabitants. A bridge, 200 feet long, crosses French cr. There is good steamboat navigation, by boats of 60 or 100 tons, 5 months in the year, on the Alleghany River. A canal is in progress to connect the Alleghany r. at this place with Lake Erie. It has 11 stores, cap. $34,700; 2 tanneries, 1 pottery, 1 printing office, 1 weekly newspaper. Cap. in manufac. $6,100. 2 sch. 70 scholars. Pop. 595.

Table of Contents

Source: A Complete Descriptive And Statistical Gazetteer Of The United States Of America, By Daniel Haskel, A. M and J. Calvin Smith, Published By Sherman & Smith, 1843

This book is a joint project between members of AHGP, Paula Franklin, Judy White, Sheryl McClure and Susan Dorris our finder!

Please Come Back Again!!

 

AHGP

Back to AHGP

Copyright August @2011 - 2017 AHGP - Judy White
For the exclusive use and benefit of The American History and Genealogy Project. All rights reserved.
We encourage links, but please do not copy our work