American History and Genealogy Project

Laurel Hill, PA to Lebanon, OH

Page 335

Laurel Hill, p-o., Somerset co., Pa., 139 w. by s. Harrisburg, 165 W.,

Laurel Hill, p-o., Lunenburg co., Va., 80 s. w. Richmond, 199 W.

Laurel Hill, p-o., Richmond co., N. C, 99 s. w. Richmond, 387 W.

Laurel Hill, p-o., Carroll co., Ga., 133 w. n. w. Milledgeville, 729 W.

Laurel Hill, p-o., Marengo co., Ala., 92 s. by w. Tuscaloosa, 904 W.

Laurel Hill, p-o., West Feliciana par., La., 151 N. w. New Orleans, 1,155 W.

Laurel Spring, p-o., Ashe co., N. C, 202 w. by N. Raleigh, 374 W.

Laurens District, S. C. Situated toward the n. w. part of the state, and contains 920 sq. ms. Ennoree river runs on its n. e. border, and Saluda river on its s. w. border, by which, and their branches, it is drained. Capital, Laurensville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 20,475, sheep 13,289, swine 47,222; wheat 186,296 bush, produced. Ind. corn 829,473, oats 175,436, potatoes 30,676, tobacco 19,825 pounds, cotton 5,910,368; 28 stores, cap. $116,209; 2 woolen fac, 10 tanneries, 64 distilleries, 20 flouring m., 41 grist m.,;34 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $158,256. 6 acad. 206 students, 44 sch. 905 scholars. Pop. whites 12,572, slaves 8,911, free col'd 101; total, 21,584.

Laurens, County, Ga. Situated a little s. e. of the centre of the state, and contains 780 sq. ms. Watered by Oconee r. and its branches. Capital, Dublin. There were in 1840, neat cattle |16,046, sheep 3,247, swine 17,355; wheat 9,043 bush. produced, Ind. corn 146,849, oats 4,068, potatoes 10,745, cotton 915,892 pounds; 11 stores, ap. $5J,009; 2 distilleries, 16 grist m., 6 saw m. i acad. 80 students, 2 sch. 33 scholars. Pop. whites 3,078, slaves 2,502, free colored 5; total, 5,535.

Laurens, p-t., Otsego co., N. Y., 15 s. w. Cooperstown, 83 w. Albany, 358 W. The surface is elevated and hilly; soil, a fertile sandy loam, veil cultivated. Drained by Otego cr. The v., called Laurensville, is situated on Otego cr., and contains 2 churches, 7 stores, 1 grist m., 1 saw m., 1 leather fac, 1 clothier's works, 1 iron foundry, 70 dwellings, and about 400 inhabitants. The t. has 6 stores, cap. $16,500; 1 furnace, 3 fulling m., 2 tanneries, 1 distillery, 3 grist m., 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $29,725. 16 sch. 540 scholars. Pop. 2,173.

Laurens, C. H. , p-v., capital of Laurens dist., C, 70 n. w. by w. Columbia, 496 W. Situated on the dividing ridge of Ennoree and Saluda rivers, and contains a court house, jail, 3 church's 2 acad. 9 stores, and 563 inhabitants.

Laurens Hill, p-o., Laurens co., Ga., 63 s. Milledgeville, 706 W.

Lausanne, p-t., Northampton co., Pa., 100 e. n. e. Harrisburg, 208 W. The surface is very mountainous; soil, gravelly, and barren. Watered by Lehigh r. and Laurel run. The mountains contain coal, and the Beaver Meadow mine in Spring mountain, in this t. It has 5 stores, Cap. $18,900; 2 lumber yards, cap. $6,000; 5 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $10,000. 5 sch. 159 scholars. Pop. 1,590.

Lavinsville, p-o., Somerset co., Pa., 144 w by s. Harrisburg, 170 W.

Lawrence, County, Ala. Situated in the n. part of the state, and contains 725 sq. ms. Tennessee r. runs on its n. border. Watered by Big Nance and Town creeks and their branches and on the s. by the head waters of Black Warrior r. Capital, Moulton. There were in 1840, neat cattle 14,895, sheep 7,674, swine 49,781; wheat 30,978 bush, produced, Indi an corn 1,319,800, oats 38,414, potatoes 16,913, tobacco 8,758 pounds, cotton 6,187,960; 7 stores, cap. $72,400; 17 tanneries, 6 distilleries, 4 flouring m., 14 grist m., 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $25,890. 1 acad. 25 students, 20 sch. 600 scholars. Pop. whites 7,143, slaves 6,145, free col'd 25; total, 13,313.

Lawrence, County, Miss. Situated toward the s. part of the state, and contains 790 sq. ms. Drained by Pearl r. and its branches, and the head waters of Homochitto r. The soil is various, and has a growth of pine. Capital, Monticello. There were in 1840, neat cattle 11,347, sheep 3,046, swine 22,396; wheat 3,329 bush, produced, Ind. corn 216,554, oats 6,736, potatoes 35,657, rice 50,384 pounds, cotton 1,653,529; 7 stores, cap. $33,000; 1 tannery, 1 distillery, 10 grist m., 12 saw ra. Cap. in manufac. $33,970. 1 acad. 30 students, 5 sch. 118 scholars. Pop. whites 3,648, slaves 2,272; total, 5,920.

Lawrence, County, Tenn. Situated in the s. part of the state, and contains 780 square miles. Drained by Shoal cr. and its branches, and the branches of Sugar cr. and Buffalo r. Capital, Lawrenceboro' . There were in 1840, neat cattle 7,344, sheep 6,103, swine 28,025; wheat 25,976 bush, produced, Indian corn 316,305, oats 37,225, potatoes 8,210, tobacco 9,447 pounds, cotton 12,443; 9 stores, cap. $35,900; 7 furnaces, 4 cotton fac. 1,180 sp., 4 tanneries, 17 distilleries, 4 flouring m., 16 grist m., 7 saw m. 10 sch. 312 scholars. Pop. whites 6,370, slaves 735, free col'd 16; total, 7,121.

Lawrence, County, Ky. Situated in the e. part of the state, and contains 650 sq. ms. Big Sandy r. runs on its e. border, and Licking r. on its s. w. border. Drained by Little Sandy r. and its branches, and by Blanes cr., which afford extensive water power. Soil, fertile. Capital, Louisa. There were in 1840, neat cattle 13,836, sheep 6,821, swine 15,851; wheat 5,496 bushels produced, rye 2,092, Indian corn 141,896, oats 39,458, potatoes 6,006; 6 stores, cap. $24,800; 1 tannery, 2 distilleries, 1 flouring m., 1 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $11,750. 8 sch. 176 scholars. Pop. whites 4,652, slaves 77, free col'd 1; total, 4,730.

Lawrence, County, O. Situated in the extreme s. part of the state, and contains 430 square ms. The Ohio r. runs on its s. border, 42 miles. Drained by Indian, Guyandot, and Symme's crs. The surface is hilly, and the soil various. Iron ore and stone coal are abundant, and an excellent clay for stone ware is found. The manufacture of iron, particularly iron castings, is extensive. Capital, Burlington. There were in 1840, neat cattle 13,456, sheep 18,367, swine 12,852; wheat 31,958 bush, produced, Ind. corn 263,300, oats 74,404, potatoes 5,334, sugar 5,385 pounds; 24 stores, cap. $48,550; 10 furnaces, 1 forge, 6 tanneries, 2 potteries, 1 flouring m., 12 grist m., 14 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $52,710. 56 sch. 1,610 scholars. Pop. 9,738.

Lawrence, County, la. Centrally situated toward the s. part of the state, and contains 438 sq. ms. Watered by White r., Salt, Guthrie's, Beaver, and Leatherwood creeks, which afford good water power. The surface is generally hilly. Capital, Bedford. There were in 1840, neat cattle 12,643, sheep 16,991, swine 31,800; wheat 75,610 bush, produced, Ind. corn 551,705, oats 196,453, potatoes 12,500, tobacco 11,523 pounds, sugar 43,937; 27 stores, cap. $136,300; 1 fulling m., 3 woolen fac, 1 cotton fac. 140 sp., 8 tanneries, 11 distilleries, 1 pottery, 6 flouring m., 22 grist m., 14 saw m. Cap. in manufac $111,223. 3 acad. 51 students, 32 schools 1,232 scholars. Pop. 11,732.

Page 336

Lawrence, County, Ill. Situated toward the s. e. part of the state, and contains 560 sq. miles. Organized in 1821. Wabash r. runs on its e. border, and Fox r. on its w. border. Watered by Embarrass r. and Racoon cr. The banks of the streams are subject to inundation. The land is equally divided into timber and prairie; some of it is indifferent, and some of it excellent. Capital, Lawrenceville. There were in 1810, neat cattle 11,631, sheep 5,794, swine 18,180; wheat 32,337 bush, produced, Indian corn 422,747, oats 73,948, potatoes 10,177; 16 stores, cap. 872,900; 1 pottery, 1 flouring m., 7 grist m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $34,765. 16 sch. 533 scholars. Pop. 7,092.

Lawrence, County, Ark. Situated toward the n. e. part of the state, and contains 1,300 sq. ms. Watered by Big Black, Current, and Strawberry rs. The surface is various, level to the e., and in other parts moderately uneven. Capital, Jackson. There were in 1340, neat cattle 6,793, sheep 2,373, swine 17,203; wheat 11,836 bush, produced, Indian corn 161,355, oats 9,248, potatoes 7,053, tobacco 9,100 pounds, cotton 13,974; 6 stores, cap. $22,300; 2 tanneries, 8 distilleries, 8 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $2,100. 5 sch. 115 scholars. Pop. whites 2,562, slaves 267, free col'd 6; total, 2,835.

Lawrence, t, St. Lawrence co., N. Y., 25 n. e. Canton, 23 J n. n. w. Albany. The surface is uneven; soil, a fertile clay loam. Drained by St. Regis and Deer rivers. It has 7 stores, cap. $14,800; 2 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 tannery, 2 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $6,900. 13 sch. 564 scholars. Pop. 1,845.

Lawrence, t., Mercer co., N. J., 6 n. e. Trenton. The surface is rolling; soil, loam and clay, well cultivated. Drained by Assunpink cr. and Stony brook. It has 2 stores, cap. $10,000; 2 tanneries, 3 grist m., 1 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $14,601). 1 acad. 49 students. 2 sch. 92 scholars. Pop. 1,556.

Lawrence, t., Tioga co., Pa., 20 n. e. Wellsborough. The surface is hilly and broken; soil, gravel and clay. Watered by Tioga r. It contains Lawrenceville v., which was incorporated in 1831. It has 5 stores, cap. $16,600; 1 tanner, 1 flouring m., 3 grist m., 10 saw m. Capital in manufac. $7,050. 5 sch. 209 scholars. Pop. 888.

Lawrence, p-t., Washington co., O., 9 n. e. Marietta, 114 e. s. e. Columbus, 305 W. Situated on Little Muskingum r., which affords water power. The surface is hilly and broken. Iron ore, stone coal, salt springs, and Seneca oil, are found. Pop. 571.

Lawrence, t., Lawrence co., O., 9 n. Burlington. It has 3 sch. 50 scholars. Pop. 425.

Lawrence, t., Stark co., O. Situated on both sides of the Ohio canal. It has 6 sch. 150 scholars. Pop. 2,043.

Lawrence, t., Tuscarawas co., O., contains the villages of Lawrenceville, Zoar, and Bolivar. It has 6 stores, cap. $12,600; 6 com. houses, cap. $17,500; 2 furnaces, 3 tanneries, 1 brewery, 1 pottery, 1 flouring m., 1 grist m., 2 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap. in manufac. $36,200. 7 sch. 539 scholars. Pop. 1,523.

Lawrence, t., Marion co., Ia. It has 9 stores, cap. $14,300; 2 tanneries, 1 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $22,050. 2 sch. 36 scholars. Pop. 1,437.

Lawrence, t., Van Buren co., Mich. It has 1 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $3,000. 3 sch. 55 scholars. Pop. 243.

Lawrenceburg, p-v., Perry t., Armstrong co., Pa., 200 w. n. w. Harrisburg. 266 W. Situated on the w. bank of Alleghany r. It contains 1 I church, 3 stores, and 25 or 30 dwellings.

Lawrenceburg, p-v., capital of Lawrence co., Tenn., 75 s. s. w. Nashville, 752 W. Situated on the e. side of Shoal cr. It contains a court house, a Methodist church, 2 academies, and 350 inhabitants.

Lawrenceburg, p-v., capital of Anderson co., Ky., 12 s. Frankfort, 554 W. Situated on the w. side of Kentucky r., and contains a court house, and several stores and dwellings.

Lawrenceburg, p-v., capital of Dearborn co., Ia., 86 s. e. Indianapolis, 514 W. Situated on the n. bank of the Ohio r., 1 mile below the entrance of the Great Miami r., and at the entrance of the Whitewater canal into the Ohio r.

Lawrenceville, p-v., Lawrence t., St. Lawrence co., N. Y., 231 n. n. w. Albany, 513 W.

Lawrenceville, p-v., Lawrence t., Mercer co., N. J., 6 n. by e. Trenton, 172 W. Situated on a fertile plain, and contains 1 Presbyterian church, 1 store, and a flourishing academy.

Lawrenceville, p-v., Lawrence t., Tioga co., Pa., 153 n. by w. Harrisburg, 263 W. The surface of the t. is hilly and broken; soil, gravel and clay. Drained by Tioga r. and its branches. The borough was incorporated in 1831.

Lawrenceville, borough, Pitt t., Alleghany co., Pa. Situated on Alleghany r., 2i ms. above Pittsburg. Opposite to it is Wainwright's island, on which Washington was cast away on his first visit to the site of Pittsburg. It contains many elegant villas. It has 3 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Episcopal, and 1 Methodist, an academy, and 867 inhabitants. The Alleghany U. S. Arsenal is located here, where arms and military equipments are manufactured and stored, to be sent to the southern and western military posts. It is an extensive and important establishment.

Lawrenceville, p-v., capital of Brunswick co., Va., 73 s. s. w. Richmond, 189 W. Situated on a branch of 3Ieherrin r., and contains a handsome court house, jail, clerk's office, an elegant Masonic hall, 1 Episcopal church, 4 stores, 2 tanneries, 30 dwellings, and about 350 inhabitants.

Lawrenceville, p-v., capital of Montgomery co., N. C, 115 w. s. w. Raleigh, 339 W. Situated on the e. side of Yadkin r.

Lawrenceville, p-v., capital of Gwinnett co. Ga., 84 n. w. Milledgeville, 655 W. Situated i ms. s. E. of Chattahoochee r., near the heat branches of Yellow r., and contains a court house jail, 1 Methodist church, with 1 Presbyterian ant 1 Baptist in the vicinity, an academy, with neat edifice, 10 stores, and about 50 dwellings.

Lawrenceville, p-v., capital of Lawrence co., Ill., 159 s. e. by e. Springfield, 697 W. Situated on the w. bank of Embarrass r., and contain a brick court house, 5 stores, 1 grist m., and about 70 dwellings.

Lawrenceville, p-v., capital of Monroe co Ark., 75 e. Little Rock, 1,015 W. Situated on a small stream, 5 ms. e. of White r. It contain a court house and a few dwellings.

Lawson's Store, p-o., Rockingham co., N. C., 102 n. w. Raleigh, 278 W.

Lawsonville, p-o., Hardin co., Ky., 97 s. w. Frankfort, 63J W.

Lawsville Centre, p-o., Lawsville t., Susquehanna co., Pa., 187 n. n. e. Harrisburg, 297 W. The t. is watered by Snake cr., on a branch of which is a salt spring. The surface is hilly soil, clay and gravel.

Lawtonville, p-v., Beaufort dist., S. C, h s. Columbus, 627 W.

Lawyersville, p-v., Cobleskill t., Schoharie co., N. Y., 44 w. Albany, 388 W. It contains 1 Dutch Reformed and 1 Universalist church, 4 stores, 1 grist m., 2 saw m., and 1 carding and cloth dressing works.

Page 337

Laynesville, p-o., Floyd co., Ky., 162 e. s. e. Frankfort, 449 W.

Leacock, p-t., Lancaster co., Pa., 44 e. s. e. Harrisburg, 118 W. The surface is level; soil, calcareous loam and clay. Pecquea cr. runs on its s. e. border, and Conestoga r. on its w. Watered by Mill cr. It has 6 stores, cap. $37,000; 1 woolen fac, 3 distilleries, 2 potteries, 3 flouring m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $14,540. 9 sch. 257 scholars. Pop. 3,537.

Leading Creek, p-o., Lewis co., Va., 301 w. n. w. Richmond, 269 W. The cr. is a small tributary of Little Kanawha r., and on its waters and tributaries are 1 Methodist, and 1 Baptist church, 40 dwellings, and 240 inhabitants.

Leaf River, p-o., Greene co., Miss. Situated on the n. E. side of Leaf r., a w. branch of Pascagoula r.

Leake, County, Miss. Situated near the centre of the state, and contains 576 sq. ms. Watered by Pearl r. and its branches. Capital, Carthage. There were in 1840, neat cattle 4,570, sheep 261, swine 10,251; wheat 1,077 bush, produced, Ind. corn 67,670, oats 2,163, potatoes 21,573, tobacco 2,059 pounds, cotton 575,037; 6 stores, cap. $8,100; 5 grist m., 4 saw m., 4 sch. 69 scholars. Pop. whites 1,614, slaves 542, free col'd 6; total, 2,162.

Leakesville, p-v., Rockingham co., N. C, 124 n. w. Raleigh, 233 W. Situated on the n. side of Dan r.

Leakesville, p-v., Newton co., Ga., 49 n. w. Milledgeville, 656 W.

Leakesville, p-v., capital of Greene co., Miss., 190 s. e. Jackson, 1,022 W. Situated on the w. side of Chickasawha r. It contains a court house, and several dwellings.

Leamansville, p-o., Seneca co., O., 97 n. Columbus, 415 W.

Leasburg, p-v., Caswell co., N. C, 64 n. w.; Raleigh, 260 W.

Leatherwood, p-o., Clarion co., Pa., 195 w. N. w. Harrisburg, 253 W.

Leatherwood, p-o., Guernsey co., O., 109 e. Columbus, 312 W.

Leatherwood, p-o., Lawrence co., Ia., 70 w. s. w. Indianapolis, 617 W.

Leatherwood's Store, p-o., Henry co., Va., 192 w. s. w. Richmond, 275 W.

Leavitt, p-o., Carroll co., O., 130 e. n. e. Columbus, 304 W.

Leavenworth, p-v., Crawford co., Ia., 124 s. by w. Indianapolis, 637 W. Situated on n. side of the Ohio r., 2 ms. below the entrance of Great Blue r. It contains 7 stores, a Methodist church, an academy, and 150 inhabitants.

Lebanon, County, Pa. Situated toward the s.; e. part of the state, and contains 348 sq. ms. Drained by Swatara cr. and its branches. The surface is gently uneven; soil, very fertile. The Union canal passes through it. Large quantities of cast and wrought iron are produced. Capital, Lebanon. There were in 1840, neat, cattle 14,781, sheep 10,977, swine 13,780; wheat 215,423 bush, produced, rye 147,254, Ind. corn 239,031, oats 232,601, potatoes 101,632; 58 stores, cap. $241,900; 7 lumber yards, cap. $21,500; 4 fulling m., 2 woolen fac, 3 furnaces, 3 forges, 22; tanneries, 12 distilleries, 2 breweries, 5 potteries, 1 paper fac, 4 printing offices, 3 weekly and 1 periodical newspapers, 37 grist m., 24 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap. in manufac. $190,087. 4 acad. 154 students, 36 sch. 327 scholars. Pop. 21,872 43

Lebanon, p-t., York co., Me., 88 s. w. Augusta, 510 VV. Salmon Falls r. runs on its w. border, dividing it from N. H. Drained by branches of Salmon Falls r., one of which issues from a pond in its n. e. part. It has 6 stores, cap. $4,700; 1 tannery, 1 printing office, 1 weekly paper, 4 grist m., 5 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $3,300. 20 sch. 921 scholars. Pop. 2,273.

Lebanon, p-t., Grafton co., N, H., 4 s. Hanover, 50 n. w. Concord, 434 W. Connecticut r. runs on its w. border. Watered by Masconey r., which affords water power. Chartered in 1761. The land on the rivers is excellent. The v. is situated on the Masconey r., where arc falls. A canal here passes round the falls in Connecticut r. A bridge across the Connecticut connects this t. with Hartford, Vt. It has 9 stores, cap. $27,000; 1 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 tannery, 3 grist m., 10 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap. in manufac. $36,095. 1 acad. 100 students, 16 sch. 091 scholars. Pop. 1,754.

Lebanon, p-t., New London co., Ct., 31 e. s. e. Hartford, 352 W. The surface is gently uneven; soil, a deep rich mold, of a chocolate color, particularly adapted to grass. Watered by Yantic r. and its branches. The principal settlement is chiefly on one street, 30 rods wide and a mile in length. The houses are mostly scattered, but many of them neat. It contains a Congregational and a Baptist church. There are other villages and churches in the t. It has 3 stores, cap. $6,700; 2 fulling m., 2 woolen fac, 1 tannery, 4 grist m., 7 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $2,000. 1 acad. 25 students, 16 sch. 546 scholars. Pop. 2,194.

Lebanon, p-t., Madison co., N. Y., 107 w. by n. Albany, 353 W. The surface is hilly; soil, clay loam. Drained by Chenango r. and its branches. It has 1 store, cap. $1,200; 2 fulling m., 2 tanneries, 1 distillery, 4 grist m., 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $22,950. 16 sch. 641 scholars. Pop. 1,794.

Lebanon, p-t., Hunterdon co., N. J., 40 n. by w. Trenton, 200 W. The surface is mountainous or hilly; soil, clay and loam, fertile and well cultivated. Drained by Spruce run and the s. branch of Raritan r. It has 13 stores, cap. $31,400; 5 tanneries, 11 distilleries, 13 grist m., 17 saw m., 3 oil m. Cap. in manufac. $12,775. 12 sch. 355 scholars. Pop. 3,849.

Lebanon, t., Wayne co., Pa. The surface is hilly; soil, gravelly loam. Drained by tributaries of Dyberry cr. It has 4 sch. 90 scholars. Pop. 366.

Lebanon, p-b., capital of Lebanon co., Pa., 24 E. Harrisburg, 134 W. It is situated on the Union canal, and contains a large brick court house, county offices, a stone jail, 5 churches, 1 Lutheran, 1 German Reformed, 1 Methodist, 1 Roman Catholic, and 1 Methodist, 9 stores, 4 warehouses on the canal, 1 grist m., 1 clover m., 3 breweries, 3 weekly newspapers, over 300 dwellings, and about 2,500 inhabitants. The b. was incorporated in 1821. The t. has 17 stores, cap. $82,500; 3 lumber yards, cap. $11,000; 5 tanneries, 3 distilleries, 2 breweries, 3 potteries. 4 printing offices, 3 weekly newspapers, 1 periodical, 8 grist m. Cap. in manufac. 73,004. 1 acad. 50 students, 11 sch. 420 scholars. Pop. 6,197.

Lebanon, p-v., and capital of Warren co., O., 85 w. s. w. Columbus, 469 W. It is situated in Turtle Creek t., between 2 branches of Turtle cr., a branch of Little Miami r., and contains a court house, a jail, a library, 3 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Baptist, and 1 Methodist, several stores, 2 iron foundries, 2 woolen fac, 1 grist m., 1 saw m., 2 printing offices, each of which issues a weekly newspaper, and about 1,500 inhabitants.

Table of Contents

Source: A Complete Descriptive And Statistical Gazetteer Of The United States Of America, By Daniel Haskel, A. M and J. Calvin Smith, Published By Sherman & Smith, 1843

This book is a joint project between members of AHGP, Paula Franklin, Judy White, Sheryl McClure and Susan Dorris our finder!

Please Come Back Again!!

 

AHGP

Back to AHGP

Copyright August @2011 - 2017 AHGP - Judy White
For the exclusive use and benefit of The American History and Genealogy Project. All rights reserved.
We encourage links, but please do not copy our work