American History and Genealogy Project

Mechanic Grove, AL to Mercer County, OH

Page 395

Mechanic Grove, p-o., Clarke co., Ala., 126 s. Tuscaloosa, 918 W.

Mechanicsburg, p-b., Cumberland co., Pa.. 9 e. Carlisle, 6 s. w. Harrisburg, 105 W. It contains a church, and about 100 dwellings. Incorporated in 1823. It has 4 stores, cap. $25,000; 1 tannery, 3 distilleries, 1 printing office, 1 weekly newspaper, 9 flouring m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $14,845. 4 sch. 200 scholars. Pop. 670.

Mechanicsburg, p-v., Goshen t., Champaign co., O., 36 w by n. Columbus, 429 W. Situated near the head of Little Darby cr., and contains 5 stores, 1 grist m., 1 saw m., 35 dwellings, and 258 inhabitants.

Mechanicsburg, p-v., Giles co., Va., 248 w. Richmond, 308 W.

Mechanicsburg, p-v., Sangamon co., Ill., 15 E. Springfield, 765 W. Situated in a prairie, near Clear cr.

Mechanics Falls, p-v., Cumberland co., Me.

Mechanics Hill, p-o., Moore co., N. C, 79 s. w. Raleigh, 353 W.

Mechanicstown, p-v., Frederick co., Md., 89 N. w. Annapolis, 60 W.

Mechanicstown, p-v., Fox t., Carroll co., O., 135 e. n. e. Columbus.

Mechanicsville, p-v., Rutland co., Vt., 82 s. s. w. Montpelier, 465 W.

Mechanicville, p-v., Stillwater t, Saratoga co., N. Y., 19 n. Albany, 389 W. Situated on the w. side Hudson r. and contains 2 churches, 5 stores, 1 cotton fac, 1 grist m., 1 saw m., and 1 plaster m. The Champlain canal passes through lit.

Mechanicsville, p-o., Bucks co., Pa., 104 e. Harrisburg, 166 W.

Mechanicsville, p-v., Louisa co., Va., 70 n. w. Richmond, 114 W.

Mechanicsville, p-v., Sumter dist., S. C, 78 E. Columbia, 504 W.

Mechanicsville, p-v., Jasper co., Ga., 45 w.

Milledgeville. 652 W. Situated 1½ ms. e. of the Ocmulgee r.

Mechanicsville, p-v., Rutherford co., Tenn., 10 s. e. Nashville, 680 W.

Mechanicsville, p-v., Kemper co., Miss.

Mechisses, pt., Washington co., Me., 157 e. by n. Augusta, 743 W. Situated on both sides of e. Machias r. which affords extensive water power. The v. at the falls is at the head of tidewater, and contains various mills, and Washington Academy, which has an edifice 50 by 38 feet, 2 stories high, a library and philosophical apparatus, and a productive fund of $14,000. The t. contains 12 stores, cap. $50,000; 1 fulling m., 1 tannery, 2 grist m., 14 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $46,150. 1 acad. 161 students, 8 sch. 50 scholars. Pop. 1,395.

Mecklenburg, County, Va. Situated in the s. part of the state, and contains 640 sq. ms. Staunton and Dan rivers unite in the w. part of this co., form the Roanoke r., by which, and its tributaries, it is watered. Meherin r. forms its n. boundary. Capital, Boydton. There were in 1840, neat cattle 13,933, sheep 14,109, swine 31,988; wheat 77,444 bush, produced, Ind. corn 472.345, oats 224,107, Potatoes 25,107, tobacco 121,131 pounds, cotton 19,054; 30 stores, cap. 503,400; 1 furnace, 4 tanneries, 17 flouring m., 32 grist m., 19 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $45,925. 1 college, 80 students, 7 acad. 186 students, 15 sch. 334 scholars. Pop. whites 7,754. slaves. 915, free col'd 1,055; total, 20,724.
Mecklenburg, county, N. C. Situated toward the s. w. part of the state, and contains 900 sq. ms. Catawba r. runs on its w. border, by branches of which it is watered. Surface undulating, soil, very productive. It contains several rich gold mines. Capital, Charlotte. There were in 1840, neat cattle 18.541, sheep 19,519, swine 33,065; wheat 78,315 bush, produced, rye 2,005, Ind. corn 586,928, oats 61,407, Potatoes 14,442, cotton 1,595,327 pounds; 32 stores, cap. $179,788; 2 smelting houses for gold, 9 tanneries, 15 distilleries, 11 flouring m., 23 grist m., 32 saw m., 1 printing office, 1 bindery, 1 weekly newspaper. Cap. in manufac. $16,600. 1 college, 31 students, 5 acad. 181 students, 25 sch. 475 scholars. Pop. whites 11,850, slaves 6,322, free col'd 101; total, 18,273.

Mecklenburg, p-v., Hector t., Tompkins co., N. Y., 174 w. by s. Albany, 307 W. It contains 3 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Baptist, and 1 Methodist, 3 stores, 1 grist m., 3 saw m., 1 clothier's works, 1 tannery, 1 pump fac, 1 buckskin mitten and glove fac, 50 dwellings, and about 350 inhabitants.

Mecklenburg, p-v., Knox co., Tenn., 12 e. by s. Knoxville, 188 e. Nashville, 503 W. Situated on the e. side of Holston r., a little above the junction of French Broad r.

Mecosta, County, Mich. In the central part of the state, drained by the Maskegon r. and branches. It is unorganized.

Medfield, pt., Norfolk co., Mass., 21 s. s. w. Boston, 425 W. Watered by Charles and Stop rivers. Chartered in 1650. The v. contains 1 Congregational, 1 Unitarian, and 1 Baptist church, and about 40 dwellings. One mile e. of the v. is one of the oldest houses in New England, which was known to be standing when most of the t. was burned by the Indians in 1676. It is one story high, with a steep roof, sufficiently high for 2 other stories. It is a curious relic of antiquity. The t. has 2 stores, cap. $3,000; 6 grist m., 5 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $6,000. 3 sch. 190 scholars. Pop. 883.

Medford, pt., Middlesex co., Mass., 5 n. w. Boston, 445 W. Situated at the head of navigation, on Mystic r. The soil is fertile and highly cultivated. It contains many fine country seats. It has considerable ship building. The v. contains 4 churches, 1 Congregational, 1 Unitarian, 1 Methodist, and 1 Universalist. The Middlesex canal passes through the t. There are 9 stores, cap. $27,600; 2 lumber yards, cap. $35,000; 1 tannery, 1 distillery, 1 pottery, 1 grist m., 2 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap. in manufac $117,007. 1 acad. 48 students, 8 sch. 579 scholars. Pop. 2,478.

Medford, p-v., Evesham t., Burlington co., N. J., 31 s. e. Trenton, 155 W. It contains 1 large Friends church, 4 stores, and about 40 dwellings.

Medicinal Springs, p-o., Walker co., Ga., 209 n. w. Milledgeville, 630 W.

Medicine Creek, p-o., Livingston co., Mo., 151 n. w. Jefferson City, 1,045 W.

Medina, County, O. Situated in the n. part of the state, and contains 425 sq. ms. Drained by the head waters of Black and Rocky rivers. The surface is moderately uneven, and the soil is fertile. Capital, Medina. There were in 1840, neat cattle 10,265, sheep 31,450, swine 20,939; wheat 219,433 bush, produced, rye 5,339, Indian corn 188,460, buckwheat 5,320, barley 3,175, oats 133,563, Potatoes 112,664, sugar 325,501 pounds; 31 stores, cap. $103,900; 1 furnace, 8 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 17 tanneries, 1 distillery, 14 grist m., 51 saw m., 2 printing offices, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $107,928. 2 acad. 99 students, 97 sch. 3,743 scholars. Pop. 18,352.

Medina, p-v., Ridgeway t., Orleans co., N. Y., 262 w. by n. Albany, 397 W. Situated on the Erie Canal, at the junction of Oak Orchard cr., which is used as a feeder. Incorporated in 1832. It contains 5 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Episcopal, 1 Baptist, 1 Methodist, and 1 Roman Catholic, 15 stores, 6 warehouses, 3 flouring m., 3 saw m., 1 tannery, 1 brewery, 1 furnace, 1 clothier's works, 130 dwellings, and about 800 inhabitants.

Page 396

Medina, pt., and capital of Medina co., O., 117 n. E. by e. Columbus, 351 W. The v. is situated on a commanding eminence, and contains a handsome brick court house, in which the public offices are kept, a brick jail, 2 churches, 10 stores, cap. $34,500; 1 fulling m., 1 distillery, 3 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $1,200. 2 sch. 147.scholars. Pop. 675. There are in the t, exclusive of the v., 1 store, cap. $1,000; 2 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 distillery, 5 sch. 199 scholars. Pop. 896.

Medina, pt., Lenawee co., Mich., 81 s. w. Detroit, 510 W. The soil is fertile, adapted to grain. It has 3 stores, cap. $8,700; 1 distillery, 2 grist m., 4 saw m. 6 sch. 165 scholars. Pop. 760.

Medon, p-o., Madison co., Tenn., 146 w. s. w. Nashville, 831 W.

Medway, pt., Norfolk co., Mass., 28 s. w. Boston, 418 W. Watered by Charles r., which affords good water power. The v. contains 3 stores, 3 cotton fac, 1 woolen fac, and 40 dwellings. The t. contains 4 churches, 2 Congregational, 1 Unitarian, and 1 Baptist. Incorporated in 1713. The t. has 8 stores, cap. $12,850; 6 cotton fac. 2,859 sp., 4 grist m., 8 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $86,800. 3 acad. 150 students, 8 sch. 495 scholars. Pop. 2,043.

Medway, v., Liberty co., Ga. Situated on the stage road from Savannah to Darien, and contains a church and several dwellings.

Medybemps, p-o., Washington co., Me.

Meegisse, county, Mich. Situated on the e. of Grand Traverse Bay. It contains several lakes and small streams. (Unorganized.)

Meek's Hill, p-o., York dist., S. C, 86 n. Columbia, 437 W.

Meesville, p-v., Roane co., Tenn., 142 e. by s. Nashville, 551 W.

Meherin, r., Va., rises in Charlotte co., and running e. through several counties, enters N. C, and unites with Nottaway r. to form Chowan r.

Mehoopany, p-o., Luzerne co., Pa., 160 n. w. Harrisburg.

Meigs, County, O. Situated in the s. E. part of the state, bounded e. by Ohio r., and contains 425 sq. ms. Watered by Shade and Leading creeks. Organized in 1819. Capital, Chester. There were in 1840, neat cattle 9,747, sheep 16,860, swine 12,427; wheat 93,595 bush, prod., Indian corn 193,327, oats 72,059, Potatoes 34,903; 35 stores, cap. $44,350; 1 fulling m., 9 tanneries, 1 distillery, 2 flouring m., 21 grist m., 39 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $106,720. 82 sch. 2,601 scholars. Pop. 11,452.

Meigs, County, Tenn. Situated in the s. e. part of the state, and contains 215 sq. ms. The Tennessee r. bounds it on the w. Surface, hilly; soil, fertile. Capital, Decatur. There were in 1840, neat cattle 5,163, sheep 4,242, swine 17,141; wheat 26,926 bush, produced, rye 2,108, Indian corn 307,789, oats 51,362, Potatoes 4,038, tobacco 19,565 pounds, cotton 10,778; 12 stores, capital $30,550; 1 forge, 7 tanneries, 28 distilleries, 15 grist m., 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $25,708. 14 sch. 245 scholars. Pop. whites 4,493, slaves 2S4, free col'd 12; total, 4,794.

Meigs, t, Adams co., O. Situated a few miles N. E. of West Union. It has 5 stores, cap. $4,200: 1 furnace, 1 flouring m., 2 grist m. Cap. in manufac. $1,450. 1 sch. 24 scholars. Pop. 1,063.

Meigs Creek, p-o., Morgan co., O., 78 e. by s. Columbus, 338 W.

Meigsville, p-v., Jackson co., Tenn., 82 e. by n. Nashville, 639 W. Situated on w. side of Cumberland r.

Meleck's Mills, p-o. Perry co., O., 54 e. Columbus, 365 W.

Mellonville, p-v., Claverack t., Columbia co., N. Y., 37 s. Albany, 349 W. It contains 1 church, 1 store, 2 flouring m., 1 carpet fac, and a few dwellings.

Melmore, p-v., Eden t., Seneca co., O., 82 n. Columbus, 416 W. Situated on the n. bank of Honey cr.

Melrose, p-v., Clarke co., Bl., 152 e. s. e. Springfield, 686 W. It contains about 20 dwellings.

Meltonsville, p-v., Anson co., N. C, 160 s. w. by w. Raleigh, 454 W.

Meltonsville, p-v., Marshall co., Ala., 169 N. e. Tuscaloosa, 687 W.

Melvin Village, p-v., Strafford co., N. H., 49 e. by s. Concord, 530 W.

Memphis, p-v., Shelby co., Tenn., 230 w. s. w. Nashville, 915 W. Situated on an elevated bluff on the Mississippi r., immediately below the mouth of Wolf or Loosahatchy River. It is regularly laid out, and contains 4 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Episcopal, 1 Methodist, and 1 Roman Catholic, 1 academy, 3 printing offices, each issuing a weekly newspaper, 53 stores, 550 dwellings, and 3,300 inhabitants. Its commerce is extensive, being equal to that of any town between St. Louis and New Orleans. A railroad is in operation to Lagrange, a part of the Charleston and Memphis railroad.

Memphis, p-v., Lewis co., Mo., 184 n. by E. Jefferson City, 951 W.

Memphremagog, lake, Vt., is between 30 and 40 miles long, and from 2 to 3 miles wide, and lies mostly in Canada, only 7 or 8 miles of the s. end being in Vt. It covers about 15 sq. miles in Vt., and receives Clyde, Barton, and Black rivers. Its waters are discharged through St. Francis r. into Lake St. Peters, an expansion of St. Lawrence r., 15 miles below the mouth of Sorell r. On an island, 2 miles within the Canada line, is found a quarry of novaculale, known by the name of "magog oil stone," which is in high repute.

Menallen, pt., Adams co., Pa., 48 s. w. Harrisburg, 89 W. It has 6 stores, cap. $12,500; 1 fulling m., 1 distillery, 8 flouring m., 8 grist in. 23 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap. in manufac $5,000. 11 sch. 440 scholars. Pop. 2,269.

Menallan, t., Fayette co., Pa. It has 3 stores cap. $5,300; 1 tannery, 1 pottery, 3 grist in., f saw m. Cap. in manufac $3,870. 5 sch. 169, scholars. Pop. 1,377.

Menan, Petit, or Little Menan Island, Me, lies off the harbor of Steuben, in the Atlantic, 3 s. s. e. Goldsborough harbor. It has a light house, the tower of which is 25 feet high. Grand Menan, a large island, lies off Passamaquoddy Bay, and is in the British dominions.

Menases Gap, p-o., Warren co., Va., 136 n. by w. Richmond, 79 W.

Menard, County, Ill. Situated a little n. w of the center of the state, and contains 260 square miles. Drained by Sangamon r. and its branches. Capital, Petersburg. There were in 1840, neat cattle 7,096, sheep 6,244, swine 23,000; wheat 21,671 bush, produced, Indian corn 399,900, oats 55,150, Potatoes 13,352, tobacco 2,190 pounds: stores, cap. $25,300; 2 woolen fac, 3 distilleries 3 flouring m., 7 grist m., 10 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $20,100. 17 sch. 407 scholars. Pop. 4,431

Page 397

Mendham, pt., Morris co., N. J., 56 n. Trenton, 230 W. The surface is hilly, and on the n. mountainous; soil, clay and calcareous loam. Drained by head waters of the n. branch of Raritan r., and by branches of Whippany r. The v. contains 1 Presbyterian Church, a boarding school for boys, 3 stores, 1 grist m., and about 50 dwellings. There are in the t. 4 stores, cap. $8,200; 1 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 cotton fac. 308 sp., 2 tanneries, 4 distilleries, 2 grist m., 1 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $29,800. 3 acad. 95 students, 5 schools 183 scholars. Pop. 1,378.

Mendon, t., Rutland co., Vt., 8 e. Rutland, 47 s. Montpelier. The surface is mountainous; soil, cold, and adapted to grazing. Incorporated in 1804, by the name of Parkerstown. Drained by branches of Otter Creek r. It has 1 tannery, 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $19,075. 6 sch. 185 scholars. Pop. 545.

Mendon, pt., Worcester co., Mass., 33 s. w. Boston, 406 W. The surface is hilly and broken; soil, generally fertile. Watered by Mill and Blackstone rivers. There are 9 churches, 3 Congregational, 2 Restorations, 1 Freewill Baptist, 2 Friends, and 1 unoccupied. The v., at the center, contains 3 churches, and about 50 dwellings. It is on a commanding eminence, with a fine prospect to the e. The t. is the oldest, except Lancaster, in the co., having been chartered in 1667. Blackstone canal crosses the s. w. part. It has 10 stores, capital $17,800; 5 fulling m., 4 woolen fac, 6 cotton fac. 19,008 sp., 1 printing office, 1 weekly newspaper, 5 grist m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $420,075. 2 acad. 58 students, 10 sch. 215 scholars. Pop. 3,524.

Mendon, pt., Monroe co., N. Y., 12 s. Rochester, 210 w. by N. Albany, 356 W. The surface s undulating; soil, argillaceous and calcareous loam. Drained by Honeoye and Irondequoit creeks. The v., situated on the latter, was incorporated in 1833, and contains 1 Presbyterian and 1 Baptist church, an academy, 3 stores, 1 grist m., 35 dwellings, and about 250 inhabitants. There are in the t. 7 stores, cap. $27,000; 1 fulling m., 2 woolen fac, 1 furnace, 2 tanneries, 1 grist m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $117,616. acad. 309 students, 22 sch. 1,178 scholars. Pop. 435.

Mendon, p-o., Mercer co., O., 123 w. n. w. Columbus, 495 W.

Mendon, p-o., Lenawee co., Mich., 75 s. w. Detroit, 515 W.

Mendon, p-v., Adams co., Ill., 116 w. Springfield, 894 W.

Mentor, pt., Lake co., O., 169 n. e. Columns, 355 W. Situated on the s. shore of Lake Erie. First settled in 1797. It has 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $1,135.13 sch. 556 schl's. Pop. 1,245.

Menomonee, r., Mich., rises in the country s. Lake Superior, and runs e. by s. about 100 ms. and enters Green Bay. It forms the s. boundary of the upper peninsula, separating it from Wisconsin.

Menomonee, t., Milwaukee co., Wis. Pop. 59.

Mentz, t., Cayuga co., N. Y., 8 n. n. w. Auburn, 156 w. Albany. The surface is undulating; soil, a fertile gravelly and sandy loam, watered by Owasco inlet and Seneca r., which bounds it w. and n. The Erie Canal passes rough its center, crossing Owasco inlet by a stone aqueduct. Montezuma salt works lie a little n of the canal, and are connected with it by a side cut. It has 25 stores, cap. $65,450; 2 mission houses, cap. $4,000; 4 fulling m., 2 pollen fac, 2 tanneries, 1 distillery, 3 grist m., aw m. Cap. in manufac $135 052. 20 sch. 1,326 scholars. Pop. 4,215.

Mequanego, t., Milwaukee co., Wis. It has 2 stores, cap. $5,500. Pop. 172.

Mequon River, p-o., Washington co., Wis., 97 e. by n. Madison, 819 W.

Mercer, County, N. J. Situated in the w. part of the state, and contains 260 sq. ms. Delaware r. bounds it on the s. w. Drained by Assunpink cr. and its branches, which flow into Delaware r., and by a head branch of Millstone r., which flows into Raritan r. Capital, Trenton. There were in 1840, neat cattle 8,086, sheep 8,642, swine 12,758; wheat 43,486 bush, produced, rye 48,399, Ind. corn 179,739 buckwheat 32,852, barley 1,767, oats 216,888, Potatoes 57,581; 106 stores, cap. $397,950; 8 lumber yards, cap. $62,500; 3 furnaces, 5 fulling m., 4 woolen fac, 7 cotton fac. 6,500 sp., 4 dyeing and printing estab., 13 tanneries, 11 distilleries, 1 brewery, 1 pottery, 1 rope fac, 9 flouring m., 28 grist m., 22 saw m., 3 oil m., 3 paper fac, 6 printing offices, 4 binderies, 3 weekly and 1 semiweekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $997,355. 8 acad. 279 students, 49 sch. 1,472 scholars. Pop. 21,502.

Mercer, County, Pa. Situated in the w. part of the state, and contains 850 sq. ms. The surface is uneven; soil, fertile, adapted to grain, but better to grazing. Watered by Shenango cr. and its branches, by Mahoning r., and by Deer, Sandy, and Slippery Rock creeks. Capital, Mercer. There were in 1840, neat cattle 63,387, sheep 47,006, swine 47,006; wheat 310,015 bush, produced, rye 89,877, Ind. corn 254,218, buckwheat 112,817, barley 1,324, oats 442,865, Potatoes 331,655, sugar 121,214 pounds; 95 stores, cap. $217,193; 1 lumber yard, cap. $1,200; 19 fulling m., 5 woolen fac, 35 tanneries, 12 distilleries, 3 potteries, 3 printing offices, 3 weekly newspapers, 1 flouring m., 73 grist m., 128 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $66,545. 2 acad. 150 students, 207 sch. 7,746 scholars. Pop. 32,873.

Mercer, County, Va. Situated toward the s. w. part of the state, and contains 540 sq. ms. New River runs on its e. border. Drained by Blue Stone, and East r., and Lick cr., which flow into New r. Capital, Princeton. There were in 1840, neat cattle 2,999, sheep 3,825, swine 5,166; wheat 13,229 bush, produced, rye 4,711, Ind. corn 56,254, buckwheat 1,175, oats 28,265, Potatoes 7,901, tobacco 3,373 pounds, sugar 8,242; 1 store, cap. $4,500; 13 grist m. Cap. in manufac $65,395. 1 sch. 24 scholars. Pop. whites 2,127, slaves 98, free col'd 8; total, 2,233.

Mercer, County, Ky. Centrally situated toward the e. part of the state, and contains 225 sq. ms. Drained by the head waters of Salt r. The soil is very fertile. Capital, Harrodsburg. There were in 1840, neat cattle 16,778, sheep 29,052, swine 49,032; wheat 99,305 bush, produced, rye 36,431, Ind. corn 3,397,406, oats 181,039, Potatoes 23,531, tobacco 64,747 pounds, sugar 12,314; 35 stores, cap. $187,650; 1 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 3 cotton fac 1,040 sp., 9 tanneries, 6 distilleries, 1 powder m., 9 flouring m., 49 grist m., 21 saw m., 1 printing office, 1 weekly newspaper. Cap. in manufac. $163,299. 2 colleges, 24 students, 3 acad. 140 students, 30 sch. 726 scholars. Pop. whites 13,061, slaves 5,286, free col'd 373; total, 18,720.

Mercer, County, O. Situated in the w. part of the state, and contains 576 sq. ms. The surface is level; soil, very fertile. Stones are rarely found on the surface. Drained by St. Mary's and Wabash rivers, and their tributaries. Capital, Celina. There were in 1840, neat cattle 4,224, sheep 1,449, swine 6,907; wheat 18.596, bush, produced, Ind. corn 156,698, oats 31,937, Potatoes 11,948; 24 stores, cap. $35,720; 1 woolen fac, 2 tanneries, 2 grist m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $14,000. 12 sell. 400 scholars. Pop. 8,277.

Table of Contents

Source: A Complete Descriptive And Statistical Gazetteer Of The United States Of America, By Daniel Haskel, A. M and J. Calvin Smith, Published By Sherman & Smith, 1843

This book is a joint project between members of AHGP, Paula Franklin, Judy White, Sheryl McClure and Susan Dorris our finder!

Please Come Back Again!!

 

AHGP

Back to AHGP

Copyright August @2011 - 2017 AHGP - Judy White
For the exclusive use and benefit of The American History and Genealogy Project. All rights reserved.
We encourage links, but please do not copy our work