Monrovia, AR to Montpelier, VT
Monrovia, p-v., Pope co., Ark., 92 n. w. Little Rock, 1,157 W.
Monson, pt., Piscataquis co., Me., 77 n. by e. Augusta, 672 W.
In the w. part is a pond, by the outlet of which, and its
tributaries, it is watered, which flows into and through Sebec
pond, and enters Piscataquis r. The soil is fertile, adapted to
grain. Incorporated in 1822. It has 1 fulling m., 1 tannery, 1
grist m., 1 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $4,550. 7 sch. 247 scholars.
Monson, pt., Hampden co., Mass., 75 s. w. by w. Boston, 380 W.
The surface is various; soil, fertile. Watered by Chickopee r.
and its branches, which afford water power. The v., at the
centre, contains a Congregational church and a flourishing
academy. There are in the t. a Baptist and a Methodist church.
It has 4 stores, cap. $18,000; 3 woolen fac, 2 cotton fac. 3,324
sp., 1 tannery, 2 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $87,800. 1
acad. 90 students, 14 sch. 350 scholars. Pop. 2,151.
Montague, pt., Franklin co., Mass., 85 w. by n. Boston, 396 W.
Situated on the e. bank of Connecticut r., across which is a
bridge, connecting it with Deerfield. Watered by Sawmill r. The
surface is uneven; soil, various. In the n. w. part of the t.
are Turner's falls, in Connecticut r., with a descent of 70
feet, around which is a canal, 3 ms. long. There is an immense
dam across the r., in one place 40 feet high. Here is a great
water power. Incorporated in 1753. There is a v. at the centre,
on Sawmill r., which contains 2 churches. There are in the t. 5
stores, cap. $13,900; 1 tannery, 1 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in
manufac. $16,903. 11 sch. 365 scholars. Pop. 1,255.
Montague, pt., Sussex co., N. J., 91 n. Trenton, 258 W. Delaware
r. bounds it on the n. w. The surface is mountainous on the s.
e.; on the s. w. it is a river alluvion. The soil is fertile,
and well cultivated, adapted to grain. Settled by the Dutch
before 1680. Drained by Mill brook, Chamber's Mill brook, and
Big and Little Flat kills, which flow into Delaware r. It has 1
store, cap. $10,000; 1 lumber yard, cap. $800; 2 tanneries, 4
grist m., 1 saw m. 6 schools 143 scholars. Pop. 1,026.
Montague, p-v., Essex co., Va., 68 n. e. Richmond, 130 W. It is
a small v., with about 50 inhabitants.
Montague Canal, p-v., Montague t., Franklin co., Mass., 88
Boston, 399 W. Situated on the e. side of Connecticut r., at
Montalona, p-o., McHenry co., Ill., 233 n. n. e. Springfield,
Montauk Point, N. Y., 140 e. New York constitutes the extreme e.
end of Long Island. It is a high promontory, against which the
waves of the Atlantic continually dash, and, in a storm, with
tremendous violence. Here is a stone lighthouse, erected by the
U. S. government in 1795, at an expense of $22,300. Near it is a
public house, much resorted to in the summer months.
Montcalm, County, Mich. Situated in the n. part
of the settled portion of the peninsula, and contains 576 sq.
ms. The surface is level; soil, fertile. Drained by Flat r. (It
Montevallo, p-v., Shelby co., Ala., 58 e. Tuscaloosa, 786 W.
Montevideo, p-v., Elbert co., Ga., 125 n. n. e. Milledgeville,
Montezuma, p-v., Mentz t., Cayuga co., N. Y., 162 w. by n.
Albany, 342 W. Situated at the junction of Cayuga and Seneca
canal with the Erie canal. It contains 1 church, 5 stores, and
about 600 inhabitants. It contains strong saline springs, from
which salt has been manufactured since the earliest settlement
of the country. The Montezuma marshes extend along the outlet of
Cayuga Lake, and along Seneca r., 14 miles long, and from 2 to 3
wide, covered in the summer with grass from 3 to 4 feet high.
Montezuma, p-v., Parke co., Ia., 72 w. Indianapolis, 644 W.
Situated on the e. side of the Wabash r.
Montezuma, p-v., Pike co., III., 60 w. by s Springfield, 840 W.
Situated on the w. bank of Illinois r.
Montezuma, p-o., Mercer co., O.
Montezuma, p-o., Union co., Ky., 219 w. by s. Frankfort, 760 W.
Montezuma, p-v., McNairy co., Tenn., 155 w. Nashville, 840 W.
Montezuma, p-v., capital of Covington co., Ala., 186 s. e.
Tuscaloosa, 914 W. Situated on the e. bank of Conecuh r., and
contains a court house and several dwellings.
Montford's Cove, p-o., Rutherford co., N C, 231 w. by s.
Raleigh, 468 W.
Montgomery, County, N. Y. Centrally situated in
the e. part of the state, and contains 356 sq. ms. The surface
is mountainous and hilly terminating in the valley of the Mohawk
in the n., which bounds it in that direction. Drained by East
Canada, Otsquake, and Schoharie creeks which flow into the
Mohawk. The alluvial flats on the streams are very fertile.
Capital, Fonda There were in 1840, neat cattle 26,806. sheep
36,588, swine 29,108; wheat 34,281 bushels produced, rye 40,863,
Ind. corn 90,374, buckwheat 38,312, barley 193,530, oats
422,415, potatoes; 559,829, sugar 51,691 pounds; 94 stores,
capita $370,150; 2 furnaces, 8 fulling m., 1 woolen fac 16
tanneries, 6 distilleries, 2 breweries, 3 flouring m., 21 grist
m., 67 saw m. Capital in manufac $330,404. 3 acad. 396 students,
116 sch. 5,55 scholars. Pop. 35,818.
Montgomery, County, Pa. Situated in the t E.
part of the state, and contains 425 square ms. The surface is
gently uneven; soil, fertile, particularly along the valley of
the Schuylkill which runs on its s. w. border. On the Schuylkill
are 7 dams, with short canals, which afford extensive water
power. Drained by Manatawney, Perkiomen, and Wissihickon creeks,
which flow into the Schuylkill, and Pennypack creek which flows
into the Delaware. Capital, Norristown. There were in 1840, neat
cattle 31,65 sheep 15,249, swine 32,707; wheat 181,858 bush
produced, rye 275,069, Ind. corn 503,065. buck wheat 42,530,
barley 4,199, oats 642,990, potato 239,230; 144 stores, cap.
$425,000; 13 lumber yards, cap. $66,400; 2 fulling m., 8 woolen
fac, 23 tanneries, 1 distillery, 12 powder m., 6 potteries, 9
paper fac, 6 printing offices, 4 weekly, semi and tri weekly
newspapers, 26 flouring m., 100 grist m., 77 saw m., 30 oil m.
Cap. in manufac. $911,868. 10 acad. 372 students, 72 sc 4,465
scholars. Pop. 47,241.
Montgomery, County, Md. Situated town j the w.
part of the state, and contains 576 sq. ms. The surface is
moderately uneven; soil, indifferent, excepting on the streams.
Patuxent r. runs on its n. e. boundary, and the Potomac r. on
its s. w., by branches of which it is drained Capital,
Rockville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 8,623, sheep 16,033,
swine 19,839; wheat 142,7 bush, produced, rye 27,704, Indian
corn 38,385, buckwheat 2,638, oats 225,168, Potatoes 62,546,
tobacco 1,088,412 pounds; 25 stores, cap. $99,4j 1 woolen fac, 1
cotton fac. 700 sp., 4 tanneries, 1 flouring m., 18 grist m., 16
saw m., 1 oil Cap. in manufac. $61,925. 3 acad. 172 students, 17
sch. 514 scholars. Pop. whites 8,766, slaves 5,377, free col'd
1,313; total, 15,456.
Montgomery, County, Va. Situated toward the s.
w. part of the state, and contains 1,000 sq. ms. Organized in
1777. The Blue Ridge runs, on its e. border. Drained by New r.
and its branches, and the head waters of Bannister r. The
surface is broken and rough; soil, on the streams, fertile.
Capital, Christiansburg. There were in 1840, neat cattle 9,635,
sheep 13,439, swine 16,834; wheat 106,258 bush, produced, rye
21,093, Ind. corn 208,885, buckwheat 2,615, oats 111,365,
Potatoes 18,071, tobacco 241,275 pounds, sugar 1,000; 11 stores,
cap. $126,300; 8 tanneries, 9 distilleries, 2 potteries, 4
flouring m., 19 grist m., 19 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $59,315. 1
acad. 40 students, 17 sch. 402 scholars. Pop. whites 5,825,
slaves 1,473, free col'd 87; total, 7,405.
Montgomery, County, N. C. Situated toward the
s. w. part of the state, and contains 500 sq. as. Drained by
Yadkin r. and its branches. The surface is hilly and
mountainous. Soil, fertile. Capital, Lawrenceville. There were
in 1840, neat cattle 10,603, sheep 8,508, swine 18,034; wheat
48,879 bushels produced, rye 1,535, Indian corn 255,496, oats
19,359, Potatoes 11,950 tobacco 100,597 pounds, cotton
2,332,222; 15 stores, cap. $38,500; 1 cotton fac. 528 sp., 8
tanneries, 34 distilleries, 12 flouring m., 48 grist m., 15 saw
m. Cap. in manufac. $56,138. 19 sch. 432 scholars, Pop. whites
8,221, slaves 2,487, free colored 72; Total, 10,780.
Montgomery, County, Ga. Situated toward the s.
e. part of the state, and contains 1,100 sq. ms. It has the
Ocmulgee, and Auchenahatchee, s tributary, on its s. and s. w.
border. Drained by Oconee r. and its branches, and Pendleton cr.
Capital, Mount Vernon. There were in 1840, neat cattle 6,781,
sheep 1,339, swine 6,530; wheat 1,119 bush, produced, Indian com
22,213, potatoes 4,000, cotton 18,220 pounds, sugar 3,615; grist
m. Pop. whites 1,279, slaves 337; total, 616.
Montgomery, County, Ala. Situated a little e.
of the centre of the state, and contains 900 sq. ms. Drained by
branches of Coosa and Tallapoosa Rivers, which run on its n. and
w. borders. Cotton is the chief production. Capital, Montgomery.
There were in 1840, neat cattle 3,335, sheep 9,590, swine
56,408; wheat 7,907 bush. produced, rye 3,052, Indian corn
1,353,917, barley 578, oats 72,741, Potatoes 87,214, rice 2,847
pounds, tobacco 2,396, cotton 14,871,463; commission houses,
cap. $5,500; 29 stores, cap. 129,100; 2 tanneries, 1 flouring
m., 8 grist m., 5 saw m., 2 printing offices, 2 weekly
newspapers, Cap. in manufac. $212,653. 1 college, 62 students, 4
acad. 212 students, 21 sch. 678 scholars. Pop. whites 8,972,
slaves 15,486, free col'd 116; Total, 24,574.
Montgomery, County, Tenn. Situated toward the
n. w. part of the state, and contains 500 sq. ms. Drained by
Cumberland r. and its branches, particularly Red r., from the n.
e. Capital, Clarkesville. There were in 1840, neat cattle,
17,711, sheep 13,117, swine 52,782; wheat 83,942 bush. produced,
rye 2,985, Ind. corn 910,000, oats 2,527, Potatoes 22,420,
tobacco 2,549,984 pounds cotton 4,802; 24 stores, cap. $206,475;
6 furnaces, 3 forges, 7 tanneries, 6 distilleries, 5 flouring
m., 21 grist m., 20 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $329,000. 3 acad.
127 students, 14 sch. 379 scholars. Pop. whites 9,762, slaves
7,059, free col'd 106 : total, 927.
Montgomery, County, Ky. Situated centrally the
e. part of the state, and contains 260 sq. ms. Drained by Red r.
and its tributaries, a branch of Kentucky r., and by a branch of
Licking r. Capital, Mount Sterling. There were in 1840, neat
cattle 11,652, sheep 16,189, swine 33,183; wheat 48,191 bush,
produced, rye 41,060, Indian corn 735,698, oats 69,149, Potatoes
13,789, sugar 64,212 pounds; 14 stores, cap. $144,200; 4
tanneries, 1 distillery, 14 grist m., 11 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap.
in manufac. $53,918. 20 sch. 473 scholars. Pop. whites 6,409,
slaves 2,735, free col'd 188; total, 8,747.
Montgomery, County, O. Situated in the s. w.
part of the state, and contains 480 sq. ins. Drained by Miami r.
and its branches. The surface is level or slightly rolling;
soil, generally fertile. Capital, Dayton. There were in 1840,
neat cattle 16,245, sheep 29,631, swine 39,298; wheat 365,938
bush, produced, rye 54,227, Ind. corn 814,707, buckwheat 3,359,
barley 4,728, oats 374,481, Potatoes 34,098, sugar 122,394
pounds; 130 stores, cap. $426,800; 2 lumber yards, cap. $65,000;
3 fulling m., 5 woolen fac, 6 cotton fac. 3,530 sp., 12
tanneries, 30 distilleries, 2 breweries, 2 potteries, 34
flouring m., 11 grist m., 56 saw m., 2 oil m., 2 printing
offices, 2 binderies, 1 weekly and 1 periodical newspaper. Cap.
in manufac. $423,160. 2 acad. 82 students, 100 sch. 7,122
scholars. Pop. 31,938.
Montgomery, County, la. Situated n. w. of the
centre of the state, and contains 504 sq. ms. Drained by Sugar,
Big, and Little Racoon creeks. The surface is undulating; soil,
very fertile. Capital, Crawfordsville. There were in 1840, neat
cattle 12,703, sheep 15,831, swine 35,711; wheat 84,709 bush,
produced, rye 3,795,Ind. corn 993,785, buckwheat 1,771, oats
98,621, Potatoes 25,650, tobacco 17,332 pounds, sugar 175,482;
33 stores, cap. $107,665; 1 fulling m., 11 woolen fac, 11
tanneries, 8 distilleries, 1 pottery, 12 flouring m., 12 grist
m., 37 saw m., 10 oil m., 2 printing offices, 2 weekly
newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $115,971. 1 college, 100 students,
2 acad. 243 students, 29 sch. 626 scholars. Pop. 14,348.
Montgomery, County, Ill. Situated a little s.
of the centre of the state, and contains 684 sq. ms. Drained by
Shoal cr. and its branches, the head waters of Macoupin cr., and
a branch of the south fork of Sangamon r. The surface is
elevated and undulating, consisting of timber and prairie: soil,
fertile. Capital, Hillsboro. There were in 1840, neat cattle
7,464, sheep 7,076, swine 13,517; wheat 27,500 bush, produced,
rye 1,222, Ind. corn 215,592, buckwheat 1,336, oats 57,608,
Potatoes 9,995, tobacco 5,131 pounds; 9 stores, cap. $31,281; 2
tanneries, 3 distilleries, 25 grist m., 17 saw m., 1 oil m., 1
printing office, 1 weekly newspaper. Cap. in manufac. $19,463. 1
acad. 186 students, 7 sch. 391 scholars. Pop. 4,490.
Montgomery, County, Mo. Situated toward the e.
part of the state, and contains 576 sq. ms. Missouri r. runs on
its s. border. Drained by Au Cuivre and Loutre creeks. The
surface is undulating; soil, various. Capital, Danville. There
were in 1840, neat cattle 4,858, sheep 5,397, swine 9,954; wheat
12,717 bush, produced, rye 1,148, Ind. corn 122,490,oats 26,289,
Potatoes 7,634, tobacco 837,039 pounds; 12 stores, cap. $35,190;
2 tanneries, 1 distillery, 3 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac.
$1,556. 1 acad. 28 students, 5 sch. 74 scholars. Pop. whites
3,524, slaves 827, free col'd 20; total, 4,371.
Montgomery, pt., Franklin co., Vt., 61 ft. 3Iontpelier, 568 W.
Drained by Trout r., a branch of the Missisque r. and its
tributaries, which afford water power. On the r. is a tract of
fertile interval land, back of which the surface is mountainous
and rough. It contains a Congregationalist and an Episcopal
church, chartered in 1780. It has one store, cap. $1,500; 1
fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac.
$8,500. 4 sch. 81 scholars. Pop. 548.
Montgomery, pt., Hampden co., Mass., 108 w. by s. Boston, 372 W.
Situated on the N. side of Westfield r., which affords water
power. Chartered in 1780. The soil is well adapted to grazing,
and many sheep are raised. It has 1 store, cap. $800; 1 saw m.,
3 sch. 85 scholars. Pop. 740.
Montgomery, pt., Orange co., N. Y., 95 s. s. w. Albany, 238 W.
The surface is hilly; soil, a fertile clay and gravelly loam.
Drained by Wallkill r. The v. is situated on the e. bank of the
Wallkill. Incorporated in 1810, and contains 3 churches, 1
Presbyterian, 1 Dutch Reformed, 1 Methodist, an academy, 8
stores, 1 grist m., 1 saw m., 1 iron foundry, 1 tannery, 160
dwellings, and about 1,000 inhabitants. There are in the t. 1
acad. 61 students, 9 sch. 440 scholars. Pop. 4,100.
Montgomery, t., Somerset co., N. J., 12 s. w. Somerville. The
surface is hilly; soil, clay, sandy loam, and red shale. Drained
by Beden's brook and its tributaries, and Stony brook. It
contains several villages. It has 7 stores, cap. $13,000; 1
fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 tannery, 3 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap.
in manufac. $5,800. 7 sch. 212 scholars. Pop. 1,432.
Montgomery, t., Franklin co., Pa., 16 s. w. Chambersburg. The
surface is level; soil, chiefly calcareous loam. Drained by
Conecocheague cr. and its tributaries. It has 11 stores, cap.
$73,000; 1 woolen fac, 4 tanneries, 10 distilleries, 2
potteries, 3 flouring m., 6 grist m., 14 saw m. Cap. in manufac.
$42,040. 1 college, 64 students, 1 acad. 54 students, 21 sch.
795 scholars. Pop. 4,363.
Montgomery, t., Montgomery co., Pa., 20 n. Philadelphia. Drained
by Wisahickon cr., and the w. branch of Neshaminy cr., the
former of which flows s. to the Schuylkill, the latter e. to the
Delaware. The surface is level; soil, red shale and loam. The
v., called Montgomery Square, contains 1 store, an academy, and
8 or 10 dwellings. The t. has 3 stores, cap. $5,750; 1 tannery,
1 grist m., 2 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $1,100. 2 sch. 70
scholars. Pop. 1,007.
Montgomery, t., Indiana co., Pa. It has 1 store, cap. $100; 1
pottery, 2 grist m., 7 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $4,632. Pop. 737.
Montgomery, p-v., Sycamore t., Hamilton co., O., 107 s. w. by w.
Columbus, 480 W.
Montgomery, t., Franklin co., O. It contains in its western part
the city of Columbus, the capital of the state. Its territory is
small, but it is wealthy and populous. The surface is gently
undulating; soil, fertile. Chartered in 1807. Pop. 1,440,
exclusive of Columbus city.
Montgomery, t., Marion co., O. It has 3 sch. 120 scholars. Pop.
Montgomery, t., Richland co., O. Pop. 2,445.
Montgomery, t., Wood co., O. It has 5 sch. 150 scholars. Pop.
Montgomery, t., Benton co., Mo. Pop. 633.
Montgomery, p-o., Sumner co., Tenn., 21 n. Nashville, 682 W.
Montgomery, city, and capital of Montgomery co., Ala., 200 n. e.
Mobile, 112 s. e. Tuscaloosa, 839 W. Situated on the e. side of
Alabama r., on a high bluff, at the head of steamboat
navigation. It contains 7 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Episcopal,
1 Baptist, 1 Methodist Episcopal, 1 Methodist Protestant, 1
Universalist, and 1 Roman Catholic, 2 academies, 30 stores, 200
dwellings, and 2,250 inhabitants. Founded in 1817. Cotton is
yearly shipped to the amount of 40,000 bales, averaging 500
pounds each. A railroad connects this place, 87½ miles, with
West Point, Georgia.
Montgomery, p-o., Holmes co., Miss., 43 n Jackson, 1,016 W.
Montgomery Bridge, p-o., Armstrong co, Pa., 169 w. n. w.
Harrisburg, 222 W.
Montgomery Cross Roads, p-o., Montgomery t., Wood co., O., 103
n. w. Columbus, 448 W.
Montgomery's Ferry, p-o., Perry co., Pa., 19 n. w. Harrisburg,
134 W. It contains a few dwellings. Here is a ferry across the
Montgomeryville, p-v., Montgomery co., Pa.. 101 e. Harrisburg,
159 W. It contains a Baptist church, 2 stores, and 12 or 15
Monticello, t., Aroostook co., Me. It has 1 saw m.
Monticello, p-v., capital of Sullivan co , N. Y., 110 s. w.
Albany, 294 W. Situated in Thompson t. and on the Newburgh and
Cochecton turnpike. Incorporated in 1830, and contains a court
house, jail, county clerk's office, 1 Presbyterian and 1
Episcopal Church, 5 stores, 1 tannery, 90 dwellings, and about
Monticello, p-v., Fairfield dist., S. C, 31 n. Columbia, 499 W.
Monticello, p-v., capital of Jasper co., Ga., 35 w. n. w.
Milledgeville, 642 W. It contains court house, jail, an academy,
1 Baptist and 1 Methodist church, 19 stores and 60 dwellings.
Monticello, p-v., capital of Jefferson co. Flor., 29 e. n. e.
Tallahassee, 925 W. Situated on a ridge, 4 miles e. of the
Mickasooky Lake, and 10 miles s. of the Georgia line. It
contains t court house and a few dwellings.
Monticello, p-v., Pike co., Ala., 169 8. e. Tuscaloosa, 849 W.
Situated on a small brand of Pea r.
Monticello, p-v., capital of Lawrence co. Miss., 85 s. Jackson,
1,064 W. Situated on the w. side of Pearl r., and contains a
court house and several dwellings.
Monticello, p-v., capital of Wayne co., Ky 110 s. Frankfort, 599
W. Situated on the side of Beaver cr., a branch of Cumberland r.
It contains a court house, and 142 inhabitants.
Monticello, p-v., capital of White co., la 73 n. n. w.
Indianapolis, 632 W. Situated o the w. bank of Tippecanoe r. It
has a court house, and several stores and dwellings.
Monticello, p-v., capital of Piatt co., Ill Situated on the e.
side of Sangamon r, and contains a court house, and about 100
Monticello, p-v., capital of Lewis co., Me 145 n. by e.
Jefferson City, 912 W. Situated on the n. e. side of North
Fabias r. It has a court house, and several stores and
Montpelier, pt., capital of Washington co. and of the state of
Vermont. It is situated on an alluvial plain of moderate extent,
at the junction of the n. and s. branches of Winooski Onion r.,
surrounded by elevated hills, some of which rise abruptly, in
44° 16' n. lat., and 7° 33 w. Ion., 33 e. s. e. Burlington, 60
n. Windsor 150 n. n. e. Albany. 160 n. n. w. Boston, 97 n. w.
Concord, N. H., 516 W. Pop. in 1830, 1,792, 1840, 3,725. The
surface is uneven; soil, very fertile. Watered by Winooski or
Onion r. and its branches. At the center is a small v.,
containing a Methodist church. The principal village is situated
in the s. w. part of the t. and about 10 ms. n. e. of the
geographical center the state. It became the capital of the
state 1805. Onion r. and its branches here afford a good water
power. The t. was chartered 1780, and first settled in 1786, on
the present site of the village. The road through the Green
mountains, which passes through this place, encounters no high
hills, and constitutes Montpelier v. a great thoroughfare. The
v. contains a court house, jail, an academy, 4 churches, 2
Congregational, 1 Methodist, and 1 Universalist, and 1,700
inhabitants. Among the public buildings is the state house, an
elegant granite edifice, 150 feet long; the center, including
the portico, 100 feet deep; and the wings, 72 feet deep. The
front in the center has a fine Doric portico of 6 columns, 6
feet in diameter at the base, and 36 feet high. The edifice is
surmounted by a dome, 100 feet high at the top, from the ground.
In the interior are convenient state offices, and spacious and
elegant rooms for the senate and House of Representatives. The
village was incorporated in 1818. There are in the t. 22 stores,
cap. $127,900; 1 furnace, 1 fulling m., 1 tannery, 3 grist m., 5
saw m., 1 paper m., 6 printing offices, 1 bindery, 2 daily and 6
weekly newspapers, and 1 periodical. Cap. in manufac. $82,775. 1
acad. 101 students, 20 sch. 975 scholars.
Table of Contents
Source: A Complete Descriptive And
Statistical Gazetteer Of The United States Of America, By Daniel
Haskel, A. M and J. Calvin Smith, Published By Sherman & Smith,
This book is a joint project between
members of AHGP, Paula Franklin, Judy White, Sheryl McClure and
Susan Dorris our finder!
Please Come Back Again!!