Penn Township, PA to Perry, OH
Penn, township, Philadelphia co., Pa.
Situated n. w. of the city of Philadelphia, on which it joins.
Schuylkill r. bounds it on the w. The surface is generally
level; soil, a productive clay and loam, well cultivated.
Drained on the n. w. by Falls run, which affords water power. It
is the seat of the Girard College, for which the late Stephen
Girard bequeathed $2,000,000. The principal edifice is of white
marble, and is 218 feet long and 160 wide, including the
platforms which support the columns, and 97 feet high. There are
34 columns, of fine Grecian architecture, of the Corinthian
order, around the building, 55 feet high, and 6 feet diameter at
the base. The building is incombustible, and will cost over
$1,200,000; and thus a large part of the munificent bequest for
the gratuitous education of orphan boys, will be swallowed up in
this extravagant expenditure. There are 5 buildings attached to
the institution. It has 4 stores, cap. $2,900; 1 furnace, 1
grist m. Cap. in manufac. $76,600. Pop. 3,342.
Penn Yan, p-v., Milo, t., capital of Yates co., N. Y., 192 w.
Albany, 329 W. Situated on the outlet of Crooked lake, which
affords water power. It contains a court house, jail, a bank, an
academy, 5 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Congregation al, 1
Episcopal, 1 Baptist, and 1 Methodist, 2 stores, 2 warehouses, 2
flouring m., 2 saw m., furnace, 1 clothier's works, 1 tannery, 1
boot van 3 carriage fac, 1 plough fac, 1 tannery, 2 printing
offices, each issuing a weekly newspaper, 30 dwellings, and
about 1,800 inhabitants. The Crooked Lake canal, 8 ms. long,
passes through the place, and through Seneca Lake connects with
the Erie canal.
Penobscot, r., the largest river of Maine, consists of two main
branches. The larger or western branch rises in the highlands,
in the western part of Maine, and which divide it from Canada
and not far from the head waters of the Chaudiere r., which
flows into the St. Lawrence. Alter considerable course to the E.
it falls into Chesuncook lake, whence passing s. e., and through
Pemadumcook and other lakes, it unites with the eastern branch.
This branch, called the Seboois rises in some small lakes near
the head waters of the Aroostook r., and flows nearly s. to the
junction, 54 miles above Bangor. After the junction the river
proceeds in a s. e. direction until it receives Mattawamkeag r.,
from the n. e., which is its principal tributary on the e. side.
Its direction is then s. s. w., until it receives the
Piscatiquis, its chief western tributary; it then holds a
direction s. by w. to its entrance into Penobscot Bay. Its upper
portions have many falls and rapids, furnishing many excellent
mill sites. It is about 275 miles long from its source to the
ocean. It is navigable 50 ms. from the ocean, to Bangor, for
vessels of a large size, and for boats to a considerable
distance above that. The tide rises at Bangor more than 20 feet,
to which the same causes in a measure contribute, which produce
such an enormous tide in the Bay of Fundy, the wedge like form
of the bay, and the current produced by the return of the gulf
stream. There is a number of islands in the river above Bangor,
the principal of which is Old town, the residence of the
Penobscot tribe of Indians, who own all the islands in the r. as
far as the forks, several ms. above Mattawamkeag r., several of
which are considerable, and fertile. They have a considerable
annuity, secured to them by the state.
There are several flourishing towns on the Penobscot bay and
river. On the e. side are Castine, Bucksport, and Orrington. On
the w. side are Thomaston, Camden, Belfast, Prospect, Frankfort,
Hamden, Bangor, and Orono. The Penobscot bay is a fine body of
water, and extends from the ocean, at Owl's Head, to Belfast
bay, about 20 miles. Across the mouth of the bay, from Owl's
Head to Burnt Coat Island, is about 30 miles. It embosoms a
number of fine islands, the principal of which are Deer Island,
Fox Islands, Isle of Haut, Long island, and some others. From a
hill back of Camden, and from other points, the view of this
bay, with its islands and numerous vessels, is exceedingly
beautiful. The bay and river contain many fine harbors, the
principal of which are Castine, Belfast, Bucksport, Bangor, and
Penobscot, collection dist. Tonnage, 1840, 37,130.
Penobscot, County, Me. Situated in the n. part
of the state, and is of great extent, though but a small portion
of it is settled. Drained in ts upper parts by the head branches
of Aroostook and the w. branch of Penobscot rivers, and has
numerous lakes. In its lower and settled parts are Penobscot r.
and its branches, Matawamkeag, Sebec, and Kanduskeag Rivers. The
surface is undulating, with some mountains in its n. part; soil,
generally fertile. Capital, Bangor. There were in 1840, neat
cattle 19,416, sheep $35,312, swine 9,442; wheat 112,041 bush,
produced, rye 9,767, Ind. corn 35,694, buckwheat,528, barley
7,919, oats 103,526, potatoes 923,628, sugar 12,303 pounds; 11
commercial and com. houses in for trade, cap. $98,500; 226
stores, cap. $435,731; 2 lumber yards, cap. $11,600; 10 fulling
m., 2 woolen fac, 21 tanneries, 1 pottery, 4 flouring m., 23
grist m., 242 saw m., 1 paper fac, 3 printing offices, 2
binderies, 1 daily, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac.
$955,674. acad. 275 students, 270 sch. 14,797 scholars, Pop.
Penobscot, p-t., Hancock co., Me., 8 n. by e. Castine, 78 e. by
n. Augusta, 674 W. Situated on the e. side of Penobscot r. An
arm of Penobscot bay sets up from the s. w., and affords
facilities for navigation. A large pond lies partly in its n. e.
part. It has good water power, and exports lumber. The soil is
fertile, adapted to rain. Incorporated in 1817. It has 2 stores,
cap. $1,300: 3 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac $1,930. 13
sch. 526 scholars. Pop. 1,474.
Pensacola, bay, Flor., sets up from the Gulf of Mexico, about 11
ms. from the gulf, and is divided into 3 parts. The w. arm,
called Escambia Bay, is 11 ms. long and 4 broad, and receives
Escambia r. from the n. The middle arm is called Yellow Water
Bay, of about the size of Escambia, and receives Yellow Water
r., through several mouths. Black Water Bay, 7 ms. lone and 2
broad, is attached to the n. w. end of Yellow Water Bay, is full
of islands, and receives Black Water r. and Cedar cr. East bay
is 7 ms. long, where it tapers to a small r., near St. Rosa's
sound. This admits frigates of the largest class, and is
entirely sheltered from all winds. Its entrance, between Fort
Barancas and the w. end of St. Rosa Island, is about three
fourths of a mile wide, and is well defended. This harbor has 22
feet water on the bar at low tide, is completely land locked,
and is the best on the Gulf of Mexico.
Pensacola, city, port of entry, and capital of Escambia co.,
Flor., 242 w. Tallahassee, 1,080 W. Situated on Pensacola bay,
10 miles from its entrance into the Gulf of Mexico, on a dry
sandy plain, 40 or 50 feet above the level of the water. The
streets are wide, crossing each other at right angles. It has 2
public squares, each 500 by 300 feet. It contains a court house,
2 churches, 1 Roman Catholic and 1 Episcopal, a market house,
custom house, and public store, and about 2,000 inhabitants. A
wharf extends 5 or 600 feet into the bay. The U. S. navy yard is
8 ms. from the city, and 5 from the entrance of the harbor, and
covers nearly 80 acres of ground, enclosed by a high brick wall.
It contains houses for the officers, and a naval store and other
buildings adapted to the convenience of the establishment. The
grounds are laid out in a tasteful manner. Tonnage 1840, 2,922.
Peoria, lake, Ill., is an expansion of the Illinois r.,
commencing at Peoria v., extending about 20 ms. in a n. e.
direction. It is much wider than the r., and has very little
current. The water is clear, with a gravelly bottom. It is
divided into 2 parts by the Narrows, and abounds with various
kinds of fish, which are abundantly taken with the seine.
Peoria, County, Ill. Situated toward the w.
part of the state, and contains 648 sq. ms. Organized in 1825.
The surface is gently rolling: soil, very fertile. Illinois r.
runs on its e. boundary. Drained by Spoon r., and Copperas,
Kickapoo, and Senatchwine creeks. Capital, Peoria. There were in
1840, neat cattle 4,848, sheep 3,554, swine 24,077; wheat 43,240
bush, produced, Ind. corn 218,540, barley 5,010, oats 68,416,
potatoes 30,039; 2 commission houses, cap. $10,000; 19 stores,
cap. $150,000; 1 tannery, 1 brewery, 2 printing offices, 2
weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $16,275 . 27 sch. 1,161
schol's. Pop. 6,153.
Peoria, p-o., Wyoming co., N. Y., 238 w. Albany, 356 W.
Peoria, p-v., capital of Peoria co., Ill., 70 n. Springfield,
784 W. Situated on the w. bank of Illinois r. at the outlet of
Peoria lake. The situation is beautiful. The first bank of the
r. gradually rises from 6 to 12 feet above high water mark, and
extends back a quarter of a mile from the r. to the second bank,
which rises 5 or 6 feet above the first bank. The second bank
extends back to the bluffs, which are from 60 to 100 feet high,
by a steep ascent, and present from their top an extensive and
beautiful prospect. It contains a court house, jail, an academy,
6 churches, 2 Presbyterian, 1 Baptist, 1 Methodist, 1 Episcopal,
and 1 Unitarian, 21 stores, cap. $160,000; 1 tannery, 1 brewery,
2 printing offices, 2 steam saw m., 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in
manufac. $16,275. 4 sch. 236 scholars. Pop. 1,467.
Papacton, r. (See Delaware r.)
Papacton, p-o., Colchester t., Delaware co., N. Y., 93 w. s. w.
Albany, 321 W.
Pepperell, p-t., Middlesex co., Mass., 33 n. w. Boston, 434 W.
Nashua r. runs on its e. boundary. Watered also by Nisitissit
r., both of which afford water power. The surface is level on
the r., but back of this, uneven. The soil is fertile,
particularly on the r. The v., at the centre, contains 1
Congregational and 1 Unitarian church, and a private insane
asylum. Incorporated in 1753. It has 3 stores, cap. $7,000; 3
paper fac, 3 grist m., 5 saw IB. Cap. in manufac. $40,000. 1
acad. 60 students, 8 sch. 468 scholars. Pop. 1,571.
Pequannock, cr., N. J., rises in Sussex co., in the Wallkill and
Wawayanda Mountains, and flows s. e. and s. 27 miles, and enters
Passaic r. Below Pompton v. it is called Pompton r. Its current
is rapid, and it affords good water power.
Pequannock, t., Morris co., N. J., 10 n. Morristown. The surface
is hilly and mountainous; soil, loam and clay. Bounded n. e. by
Pequannock cr., and e. by Pompton r. Drained by a branch of
Rockaway r. Iron ore abounds in the n. w., and sulphate of iron
is found in Copperas Mountain. Green pond is 3 ms. long and half
a mile wide, and is surrounded by picturesque scenery, and
abounds with fish. It contains the villages of Pompton,
Montville, and Powerville. Morris canal passes through its s.
part. It has 13 stores, cap. $45,600; 2 woolen fac, 6 tanneries,
2 distilleries, 6 grist m., 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $57,400.
22 sch. 873 scholars. Pop. 5,190.
Pequannock, r., Ct., a small stream which enters the n. part of
Pequawkett, r., N. H., commonly called Pegwacket r., enters Saco
r. in Conway.
Pequest, cr., N. J., rises by 2 branches, which unite in
Independence t., Warren co., and flowing 30 ms., it enters
Delaware r. at Belvidere v. It is a large and rapid stream, and
affords extensive water power.
Pequot, p-v., Groton t., New London co., Ct., 48 s. E. Hartford,
Pequot, p-o., Calumet co., Wis., 114 n. e. Madison, 962 W.
Perch, r., N. Y., rises in Orleans t., Jefferson co., and flows
s. w. into Black River Bay, at Dexter v.
Perch River, p-o., Brownville t., Jefferson co., N. Y., 175 n.
w. Albany, 427 W.
Percivals, p-o., Brunswick co., Va., 70 s. by w. Richmond, 183
Perdido, r., Ala. and Flor., rises in Baldwin co., Ala., and
flowing southerly 40 ms., enters a narrow and shallow bay, which
sets up from the Gulf of Mexico.
Perkiomen, r., Pa., rises at the foot of South mountain, in
Upper Milford t., and flowing s. about 30 ms., enters Schuylkill
r. 6 miles above Norristown. It receives a number of
tributaries, which, with the main river, afford good water
Perkins, p-t., Erie co., O., 15 n. w. Norwalk, 115 n. Columbus,
419 W. It has 3 sch. 50 scholars. Pop. 839.
Perkinsville, p-v., Wethersfield t, Windsor co., Vt., 71 s.
Montpelier, 465 W. It contains a broadcloth fac, with several
other mechanical establishments. It contains an academy and
about 200 inhabitants.
Perkinsville, p-v., Burke co., N. C, 270 w. Raleigh, 425 W.
Perquimans, County, N. C. Situated in the N. E.
part of the state, and contains 175 sq. miles. Little r. bounds
it on the N. E. Drained by Perquimans r., both of which flow
into Albemarle Sound, which bounds it on the s. Capital,
Hertford. There were in 1840, neat cattle 6,335, sheep 4,766,
swine 19,123; wheat 35,649 bushels produced, Ind. corn, 369,032,
oats 22,068, potatoes 40,222, cotton 65,216 pounds; 9 stores,
capital $55,500; 10 grist m., 7 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $31,000.
5 sch. 82 scholars. Pop. wh.tes 4,096, slaves, 2,943, free col'd
307; total, 7,316.
Perrine, p-o., Mercer co., Pa., 224 w. n. w. Harrisburg, 277 W.
Perrin's Mills, p-o., Miami t., Clermont co O., 109 s. w.
Columbus, 480 W.
Perrinsville, p-v., Monmouth co., N.J., 24 e. Trenton, 190 W.
Perrinton, t., Monroe co., N. Y. It has 5 stores, cap. $18,500;
2 fulling m., 1 woolen fac, 1 flouring m., 1 grist m., 4 saw m.
Cap. in manufac. $25,400. 16 sch. 740 scholars. Pop. 2,513.
Perry, County, Pa. Situated a little s. of the
centre of the state, and contains 540 square miles. The surface
is mountainous and rough; soil, extensively fertile. Drained by
Juniata r. and Sherman's creek. There is a warm ire medicinal
spring on Sherman's cr., 11 n. Carlisle, which discharges 90
gallons of water in a minute, useful in cutaneous and other
disorders. Capital, Bloomfield. There were in 1840, neat cattle
15,043, sheep 16,932, swine 21,484; wheat 200,638 bushels
produced, rye 143,519, Ind. corn 150,095, buckwheat 37,052, oats
192,253, potatoes 89,369; 57 stores, cap. $169,200; 5 lumber
yards, cap $1,600; 7 fulling m., 5 woolen fac, 8 furnaces, 2
forges, 23 tanneries, 13 distilleries, 4 potteries 2 printing
offices, 2 weekly newspapers, 24 flour-ing m., 26 grist m., 120
saw m. Cap. in manufac $264,024. 1 acad. 20 students, 92 sch.
3,829 scholars. Pop. 17,096.
Perry, County, Ala. Situated a little s. w. of
the centre of the state, and contains 936 sq. ms. Drained by
Catawba r. and its branches and by branches of Black Warrior r.
Capital. Marion. There were in 1840, neat cattle 23,813, sheep
5,432, swine 52,292; wheat 32,694 bushels produced rye 4,262,
Indian corn 792,381. o: h 29,297, potatoes 60,434, cotton
12,680,177 pounds 2 tanneries, 1 distillery, 9 grist m., 5 saw
m. Cup in manufac. $20,950. 2 acad. 95 students, 6 sch. 134
scholars. Pop. whites 8,721, slaves 10,343 free col'd 22; total,
Perry, County, Miss. Situated in the s. e. part
of the state, and contains 1,044 square miles Drained by Leaf
river and its branches, and by Black cr. and its branches,
tributaries of Pascagoula r. The surface is somewhat broken;
soil not very fertile, covered with pine timber. Capital,
Augusta. There were in 1840, neat cattle 13,645, sheep 1,415,
swine 10,579; Indian con 42,520 bushels produced, potatoes
19,481, rice 35,250 pounds, cotton 68,446; 2 stores, capita
$4,000; 6 grist m., 3 saw m. Cap. in manufac S20.950. 6 sch. 88
scholars. Pop. whites 1,4S£ slaves 454, free col'd 10; total,
Perry, County, Tenn. Centrally situated toward
the w. part of the state, and contains 575 sq. ms. Drained by
Tennessee r., and small streams which flow into it, and by
Buffalo r. an its branches, a tributary of Duck creek. Capital
Perrysburg. There were in 1840, neat cattle 2,928, sheep 3,874,
swine 13,702; wheat 17,520 bush, produced, Ind. corn 58,391,
oats 18,679 potatoes 2,875, tobacco 44,895 pounds, cotton 4,787,
6 stores, cap. $28,000; 2 furnaces, 6 tanneries, distilleries,
10 grist m., 20 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $25,000. 4 acad. 113
students, 7 sch. & scholars. Pop. whites 6,713, slaves 633, free
col'd 8; total, 7,419.
Perry, County, Ky. Situated in the s. e. part
of the state, and contains 760 sq. miles. Drained by the North
and Middle forks of Kentucky r. and their brandies. Laurel
Mountain runs on its n. border. The surface is uneven, with
extensive and fertile valleys. Capital, Hazard. There were in
1840, neat cattle 6,001, sheep 3,428, swine 12,421; wheat 2,981
bush, produced, Indian corn 88,070, oats 18,441, potatoes 4,421,
tobacco 4,713 pounds, sugar 3,761; 4 stores, cap. $3,600; 3
tanneries, 48 distilleries, 34 grist m., 1 saw m. Pop. whites
2,923, slaves 143, free col'd 23; total, 3,089.
Perry, County, O. Situated toward the s. e.
part of the state, and contains 400 sq. ms. The surface is
hilly; soil, fertile. Watered by small tributaries of
Hockhocking and Muskingum rivers. Capital, Somerset. There were
in 1840, neat cattle 11,742, sheep 26,299, swine 23,968; wheat
293,472 bush, produced, rye 6,913, Indian corn 326,312,
buckwheat 5,701, oats 164,059, potatoes 50,194, tobacco 156,835
pounds, sugar 91,732; 36 stores, cap. 56,625; 1 fulling m., 2
woolen fac, 11 tanneries, 4 distilleries, 2 potteries. 7
flouring m., 18 grist m., 36 saw m., 1 oil m., 2 printing
offices, 2 weekly newspapers. Cap. in manufac. $102,064. 1 acad.
80 students, 92 sch. 2,939 scholars. Pop. 19,344.
Perry, County, Ia. Situated in the s. part of
the state, and contains 400 sq. ms. The surface s hilly; soil,
fertile. The Ohio r. runs on its s. E., s., and s. w. border.
Drained by Anderson's, Deer, Bear, and Oil creeks. Capital,
Rome. There were in 1840, neat cattle 4,611, sheep 5,073, mine
14,780; wheat 13,452 bush, produced, Ind. corn 170,295, oats
29,736, potatoes 8,622, tobacco I 1,4 19 pounds, sugar 6,076; 12
stores, capital $24,250; 6 tanneries, 5 distilleries, 1 pottery,
2 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap. in manufac. $9,131. 8 sch. 194
scholars. Pop. 4,655.
Perry, County, Ill. Situated toward the s. n.
part of the state, and contains 432 sq. miles. The surface is
level, having one third prairie; soil, moderately fertile.
Drained by Big Beaucoup and Little Muddy creeks, and St. Mary's
r. Capital, Pinkneyville. There were in 1840, neat cattle
16,666, sheep 4,113, swine 10,223; wheat 4,667 bush, produced,
Ind. corn 169,445, oats I 1.754, potatoes 4,556, tobacco 3,140
pounds; 4 stores, cap. $3,060; 1 tannery, 3 grist m., 1 saw m.
Cap. in manufac. $650. 1 acad. 9 students, 3 sch. 335 scholars.
Perry, County, Mo. Situated toward the s. part
of the state, and contains 400 sq. ms. The surface is various;
soil, on the bottoms, very fertile. The Mississippi r. runs on
its n. e. boundary. Drained by several fine mill streams.
Capital, Perrysville. There were in 1840, neat cattle 3,630,
sheep 3,116, swine 8,530; wheat 11,634 bush. produced. Ind. corn
184,320, oats 9,415, potatoes 5,361, tobacco 11,400 pounds,
cotton 2,500; commercial house, cap. $2,300; 14 stores, cap.
83,800; 4 tanneries, 4 distilleries, 7 grist m., 4 saw m. Cap.
in manufac. $37,680; 1 college, 75 students, 8 sch. 169
scholars. Pop. whites 4,968, slaves 778, free col'd 14; total,
Perry, p-t., Washington co., Me., 5 n. w. Eastport, 191 e. n. e.
Augusta, 777 W. Situated on the w. side of St. Croix r.
Incorporated in 1818. It has Passamaquoddy Bay on the e., and
Cobscook bay on the s., and has considerable navigation employed
in the lumber trade and the fisheries. It is connected with
Eastport by a bridge. It contains the remains of the
Passamaquoddy Indians, who have a small v. containing a Roman
Catholic church, and about 20 small dwellings, has 1 grist m., 5
saw m. Capital in manufac. 9,100; 11 sch. 356 scholars. Pop.
Perry, p-t., Wyoming Co., N. Y., 243 w. Albany, 360 W. The
surface is undulating; soil, sandy and clay loam. Silver lake
lies partly in this t., by the outlet of which it is watered.
The v. is situated on the outlet of Silver Lake. Incorporated in
1830, and contains 4 churches, 1 Presbyterian, 1 Baptist, 1
Methodist, and 1 Universalist, 15 stores, 2 printing offices, 4
flouring m., 2 saw m., 1oil m., 2 clothiers' works, 2 furnaces,
1 tannery, 180 dwellings, and about 1,200 inhabitants. There are
in the t. 10 stores, cap. $37,800; 2 fulling m., 2 tanneries, 1
printing office, 2 weekly newspapers, 1 flouring m., 3 grist m.,
11 saw m., 1 oil m. Cap. in manufac. $16,900. 8 sch. 218
scholars. Pop. 3,032.
Perry, p-o., Venango co., Pa., 216 w. n. w. Harrisburg, 305 W.
Perry, t., Union co., Pa. It has 2 stores, cap. $4,000; 2
fulling m., 1 tannery, 5 grist m., 9 saw m. Cap. in manufac.
$1,250. Pop. 1,254.
Perry, t., Armstrong co., Pa. Watered by Alleghany r. and its
branch, Clarion r. Iron ore is found. It has 2 stores, cap.
$2,100; 1 fulling m., 3 tanneries, 1 distillery, 4 grist m., 4
saw m. Cap. in manufac $11,925. 4 sch. 206 scholars. Pop. 1,122.
Perry, t., Jefferson co., Pa. The surface is rolling; soil,
gravel and loam. Watered by Little Sandy Lick cr. and Mahoning
cr. It has 2 stores, cap. $3,000; 1 fulling m., 2 grist m., 4
saw m. Cap. in manufac. $5,900. Pop. 1,076.
Perry, t., Fayette co., Pa. It has 7 stores, cap. $17,900; 2
tanneries, 2 flouring m., 1 grist m., 6 saw m. Cap. in manufac.
$8,155. 4 sch. 156 scholars. Pop. 1,350.
Perry, p-t., Lake co., O., 182 n. e. Columbus, 356 W. Situated
on the s. shore of Lake Erie. It contains 2 churches, 10 sch.
627 scholars. Pop. 1,339.
Perry, t., Allen co., O. It contains 561 inhabitants.
Perry, t., Brown co., O. It contains the villages of Cedarsville
and Fayetteville. It has 4 sch. 92 scholars. Pop. 1,869.
Perry, t., Carroll co., O. It contains Perrysville v. It has 2
sch. 55 scholars. Pop. 1,344.
Perry, t., Coshocton co., O. It contains Claysville and Guilford
villages. It has 3 stores, cap. $2,900; 2 tanneries, 1 grist m.,
2 saw m., 4 sch. Ill scholars. Pop. 1,339.
Perry, t., Columbiana co., O. It contains the v. of Salem. Pop.
Perry, t., Pike co., O. It has 2 stores, capital $3,000; 2 saw
m., 3 sch. 89 scholars. Pop. 553.
Perry, t., Franklin co., O. Situated on the e. side of Scioto r.
The surface is level; soil, fertile. 2 sch. 65 scholars. Pop.
Perry, t., Fairfield co., O. Pop. 1,172.
Perry, t., Gallia co., O. Watered by Racoon and Symmes' creeks.
The soil is fertile. It contains Patriot v. It has 1 store, cap.
$800; 1 distillery, 1 grist m. Pop. 972.
Perry, t., Lawrence co., O. It contains iron ore and stone coal.
The soil is sterile. It has 3 sch. 102 scholars. Pop. 663.
Perry, t., Wayne co., O. It contains 2,079 inhabitants.
Perry, t., Licking co., O. It contains the v of Elizabethtown,
and has 994 inhabitants.
Perry, t., Shelby co., O. It has 1 grist m., 2 saw m. Pop. 861.
Perry, t., Logan co., O. Watered by Rush cr. It contains the v.
of East Liberty. It has 6 sch. 210 scholars. Pop. 1,044.
Perry, t., Stark co., O. Pop. 2,209.
Perry, t., Montgomery co., O. It has 6 sch. 305 scholars. Pop.
Table of Contents
Source: A Complete Descriptive And
Statistical Gazetteer Of The United States Of America, By Daniel
Haskel, A. M and J. Calvin Smith, Published By Sherman & Smith,
This book is a joint project between
members of AHGP, Paula Franklin, Judy White, Sheryl McClure and
Susan Dorris our finder!
Please Come Back Again!!